Anti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-35] (ab3112)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-35]See all Cdk4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DCS-35] to Cdk4
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, WB, Functional Studies more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
- EpitopeAmino acids 1 - 20.
- Positive controlNIH 3T3, MAD109, LS174T, or MCF-7 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer10mM PBS, pH7.4, 0.2%BSA, 0.09% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDCS-35
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3112 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at 2 µg/mg of lysate. (with protein G). Native only. Co-precipitates cyclin Ds.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Kinase assay.|
- FunctionSer/Thr-kinase component of cyclin D-CDK4 (DC) complexes that phosphorylate and inhibit members of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein family including RB1 and regulate the cell-cycle during G(1)/S transition. Phosphorylation of RB1 allows dissociation of the transcription factor E2F from the RB/E2F complexes and the subsequent transcription of E2F target genes which are responsible for the progression through the G(1) phase. Hypophosphorylates RB1 in early G(1) phase. Cyclin D-CDK4 complexes are major integrators of various mitogenenic and antimitogenic signals. Also phosphorylates SMAD3 in a cell-cycle-dependent manner and represses its transcriptional activity. Component of the ternary complex, cyclin D/CDK4/CDKN1B, required for nuclear translocation and activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDK4 are a cause of susceptibility to cutaneous malignant melanoma type 3 (CMM3) [MIM:609048]. Malignant melanoma is a malignant neoplasm of melanocytes, arising de novo or from a pre-existing benign nevus, which occurs most often in the skin but also may involve other sites.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-172 is required for enzymatic activity. Phosphorylated, in vitro, at this site by CCNH-CDK7, but, in vivo, appears to be phosphorylated by a proline-directed kinase. In the cyclin D-CDK4-CDKN1B complex, this phosphorylation and consequent CDK4 enzyme activity, is dependent on the tyrosine phosphorylation state of CDKN1B. Thus, in proliferating cells, CDK4 within the complex is phosphorylated on Thr-172 in the T-loop. In resting cells, phosphorylation on Thr-172 is prevented by the non-tyrosine-phosphorylated form of CDKN1B.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane. Cytoplasmic when non-complexed. Forms a cyclin D-CDK4 complex in the cytoplasm as cells progress through G(1) phase. The complex accumulates on the nuclear membrane and enters the nucleus on transition from G(1) to S phase. Also present in nucleoli and heterochromatin lumps. Colocalizes with RB1 after release into the nucleus.
- Cdk 4 antibodycdk4 antibodyCDK4 protein antibody
- CDK4_HUMAN antibodyCell division kinase 4 antibodyCell division protein kinase 4 antibodyCMM 3 antibodyCMM3 antibodyCrk3 antibodyCyclin dependent kinase 4 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase 4 antibodyMelanoma cutaneous malignant 3 antibodyMGC14458 antibodyp34 cdk4 antibodyPSK J3 antibodyPSK-J3 antibody
Anti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-35] images
All lanes : Anti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-35] (ab3112) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Magic Mw Marker
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from primary cortical neurons
Lysates/proteins at 27 µg per lane.
HRP-conjugated goat anti-mouse Ig at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Exposure time : 1 minute
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Dr Elena Schwartz
References for Anti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-35] (ab3112)
This product has been referenced in:
- Metukuri MR et al. ChREBP mediates glucose-stimulated pancreatic ß-cell proliferation. Diabetes 61:2004-15 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22586588) »
- Fernández RM et al. Cyclin D1 interacts and collaborates with Ral GTPases enhancing cell detachment and motility. Oncogene 30:1936-46 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21242975) »