Anti-Cdk4 antibody [EPR4513] (ab108357)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk4 antibody [EPR4513]See all Cdk4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4513] to Cdk4
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues on the C terminus of Human Cdk4.
- Positive controlHela, MCF7, K562, and Ramos cell lysates. Human urothelial carcinoma tissue
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Dissociation constant (Kd) Kd = 1.86 x 10-11 M
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR4513
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108357 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Antigen retrieval is recommend.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/10 - 1/100.|
- FunctionSer/Thr-kinase component of cyclin D-CDK4 (DC) complexes that phosphorylate and inhibit members of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein family including RB1 and regulate the cell-cycle during G(1)/S transition. Phosphorylation of RB1 allows dissociation of the transcription factor E2F from the RB/E2F complexes and the subsequent transcription of E2F target genes which are responsible for the progression through the G(1) phase. Hypophosphorylates RB1 in early G(1) phase. Cyclin D-CDK4 complexes are major integrators of various mitogenenic and antimitogenic signals. Also phosphorylates SMAD3 in a cell-cycle-dependent manner and represses its transcriptional activity. Component of the ternary complex, cyclin D/CDK4/CDKN1B, required for nuclear translocation and activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDK4 are a cause of susceptibility to cutaneous malignant melanoma type 3 (CMM3) [MIM:609048]. Malignant melanoma is a malignant neoplasm of melanocytes, arising de novo or from a pre-existing benign nevus, which occurs most often in the skin but also may involve other sites.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-172 is required for enzymatic activity. Phosphorylated, in vitro, at this site by CCNH-CDK7, but, in vivo, appears to be phosphorylated by a proline-directed kinase. In the cyclin D-CDK4-CDKN1B complex, this phosphorylation and consequent CDK4 enzyme activity, is dependent on the tyrosine phosphorylation state of CDKN1B. Thus, in proliferating cells, CDK4 within the complex is phosphorylated on Thr-172 in the T-loop. In resting cells, phosphorylation on Thr-172 is prevented by the non-tyrosine-phosphorylated form of CDKN1B.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane. Cytoplasmic when non-complexed. Forms a cyclin D-CDK4 complex in the cytoplasm as cells progress through G(1) phase. The complex accumulates on the nuclear membrane and enters the nucleus on transition from G(1) to S phase. Also present in nucleoli and heterochromatin lumps. Colocalizes with RB1 after release into the nucleus.
- Cdk 4 antibodycdk4 antibodyCDK4 protein antibody
- CDK4_HUMAN antibodyCell division kinase 4 antibodyCell division protein kinase 4 antibodyCMM 3 antibodyCMM3 antibodyCrk3 antibodyCyclin dependent kinase 4 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase 4 antibodyMelanoma cutaneous malignant 3 antibodyMGC14458 antibodyp34 cdk4 antibodyPSK J3 antibodyPSK-J3 antibody
Anti-Cdk4 antibody [EPR4513] images
All lanes : Anti-Cdk4 antibody [EPR4513] (ab108357) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Hela cell lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lane 3 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Ramos cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa
ab108357, at a 1/100 dilution, staining Cdk4 in paraffin embedded Human urothelial carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
References for Anti-Cdk4 antibody [EPR4513] (ab108357)
ab108357 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.