Anti-Cdk4 antibody (ab54517)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk4 antibodySee all Cdk4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to Cdk4
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment: KPLFCGNSEA DQLGKIFDLI GLPPEDDWPR DVSLPRGAFP PRGPRPVQSV VPEMEESGAQ LLLEMLTFNP HKRISAFRAL QHSYLHKDEG NPE, corresponding to amino acids 211-304 of Human Cdk4
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54517 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSer/Thr-kinase component of cyclin D-CDK4 (DC) complexes that phosphorylate and inhibit members of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein family including RB1 and regulate the cell-cycle during G(1)/S transition. Phosphorylation of RB1 allows dissociation of the transcription factor E2F from the RB/E2F complexes and the subsequent transcription of E2F target genes which are responsible for the progression through the G(1) phase. Hypophosphorylates RB1 in early G(1) phase. Cyclin D-CDK4 complexes are major integrators of various mitogenenic and antimitogenic signals. Also phosphorylates SMAD3 in a cell-cycle-dependent manner and represses its transcriptional activity. Component of the ternary complex, cyclin D/CDK4/CDKN1B, required for nuclear translocation and activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDK4 are a cause of susceptibility to cutaneous malignant melanoma type 3 (CMM3) [MIM:609048]. Malignant melanoma is a malignant neoplasm of melanocytes, arising de novo or from a pre-existing benign nevus, which occurs most often in the skin but also may involve other sites.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-172 is required for enzymatic activity. Phosphorylated, in vitro, at this site by CCNH-CDK7, but, in vivo, appears to be phosphorylated by a proline-directed kinase. In the cyclin D-CDK4-CDKN1B complex, this phosphorylation and consequent CDK4 enzyme activity, is dependent on the tyrosine phosphorylation state of CDKN1B. Thus, in proliferating cells, CDK4 within the complex is phosphorylated on Thr-172 in the T-loop. In resting cells, phosphorylation on Thr-172 is prevented by the non-tyrosine-phosphorylated form of CDKN1B.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane. Cytoplasmic when non-complexed. Forms a cyclin D-CDK4 complex in the cytoplasm as cells progress through G(1) phase. The complex accumulates on the nuclear membrane and enters the nucleus on transition from G(1) to S phase. Also present in nucleoli and heterochromatin lumps. Colocalizes with RB1 after release into the nucleus.
- Cdk 4 antibody
- cdk4 antibody
- CDK4 protein antibody
- CDK4_HUMAN antibody
- Cell division kinase 4 antibody
- Cell division protein kinase 4 antibody
- CMM 3 antibody
- CMM3 antibody
- Crk3 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase 4 antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 4 antibody
- Melanoma cutaneous malignant 3 antibody
- MGC14458 antibody
- p34 cdk4 antibody
- PSK J3 antibody
- PSK-J3 antibody
Anti-Cdk4 antibody images
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Anti-Cdk4 antibody (ab54517) at 1 µg/ml + Cell lysate prepared from RAW 264.7 cells
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
References for Anti-Cdk4 antibody (ab54517)
ab54517 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.