Anti-Cdk4 antibody (ab95255)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk4 antibodySee all Cdk4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cdk4
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Pig
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 to the C-terminus of Human Cdk4.
(Peptide available as ab109075.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in both MCF7 and HeLa whole cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95255 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).Can be blocked with Cdk4 peptide (ab109075).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionSer/Thr-kinase component of cyclin D-CDK4 (DC) complexes that phosphorylate and inhibit members of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein family including RB1 and regulate the cell-cycle during G(1)/S transition. Phosphorylation of RB1 allows dissociation of the transcription factor E2F from the RB/E2F complexes and the subsequent transcription of E2F target genes which are responsible for the progression through the G(1) phase. Hypophosphorylates RB1 in early G(1) phase. Cyclin D-CDK4 complexes are major integrators of various mitogenenic and antimitogenic signals. Also phosphorylates SMAD3 in a cell-cycle-dependent manner and represses its transcriptional activity. Component of the ternary complex, cyclin D/CDK4/CDKN1B, required for nuclear translocation and activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDK4 are a cause of susceptibility to cutaneous malignant melanoma type 3 (CMM3) [MIM:609048]. Malignant melanoma is a malignant neoplasm of melanocytes, arising de novo or from a pre-existing benign nevus, which occurs most often in the skin but also may involve other sites.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-172 is required for enzymatic activity. Phosphorylated, in vitro, at this site by CCNH-CDK7, but, in vivo, appears to be phosphorylated by a proline-directed kinase. In the cyclin D-CDK4-CDKN1B complex, this phosphorylation and consequent CDK4 enzyme activity, is dependent on the tyrosine phosphorylation state of CDKN1B. Thus, in proliferating cells, CDK4 within the complex is phosphorylated on Thr-172 in the T-loop. In resting cells, phosphorylation on Thr-172 is prevented by the non-tyrosine-phosphorylated form of CDKN1B.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane. Cytoplasmic when non-complexed. Forms a cyclin D-CDK4 complex in the cytoplasm as cells progress through G(1) phase. The complex accumulates on the nuclear membrane and enters the nucleus on transition from G(1) to S phase. Also present in nucleoli and heterochromatin lumps. Colocalizes with RB1 after release into the nucleus.
- Cdk 4 antibodycdk4 antibodyCDK4 protein antibody
- CDK4_HUMAN antibodyCell division kinase 4 antibodyCell division protein kinase 4 antibodyCMM 3 antibodyCMM3 antibodyCrk3 antibodyCyclin dependent kinase 4 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase 4 antibodyMelanoma cutaneous malignant 3 antibodyMGC14458 antibodyp34 cdk4 antibodyPSK J3 antibodyPSK-J3 antibody
Anti-Cdk4 antibody images
Anti-Cdk4 antibody (ab95255) at 1 µg/ml + MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 33 kDa
Additional bands at : 110 kDa,16 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab95255 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab95255, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) Hek293 and HepG2 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
References for Anti-Cdk4 antibody (ab95255)
ab95255 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.