Cell Proliferation Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Blue) (ab102501)
- Product nameCell Proliferation Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Blue)See all Cell proliferation kits ...
- Tests500 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 100 cells/well
- Range100 cells/well - 100000 cells/well
- Product overview
Abcam's Cell Proliferation Assay Kit (Fluorometric-Blue) provides by far the most sensitive and easiest means for quantifying cell proliferation and viability. Simply add the single reagent to cell culture, incubate and read the fluorescence intensity. The assay utilizes the redox dye resazurin which is not fluorescent, but upon reduction by viable metabolically active cells, the dye becomes highly fluorescent (Ex = 530-570 nm; Em = 590-620 nm). Therefore, viable metabolically active cells can be easily measured.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Simple procedure: Just Add-Incubate-Read. No washing, No solublization.
- Highly Sensitive: Detect as few as 100 cells.
- Longer Stability: Reagent is stable at 4C for at least a year.
- Safe: Non-radioactive, non-toxic, and cells can be further used for other experiments.
- Wide applications: Used in studying a variety of growth stimulations or inhibitions (e.g., by growth factors, cytokine, nutrients, anticancer drugs, apoptosis inducers/inhibitors, toxicityinducing chemicals, etc.).
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests VisionBlueTM Reagent 1 x 5ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102501 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Cell Proliferation Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Blue) (ab102501)
ab102501 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.