Cell Viability Assay Kit (Bioluminescent) (ab65314)
- Product nameCell Viability Assay Kit (Bioluminescent)See all Cell Viability kits ...
- Tests200 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeDirect
- Sensitivity> 10 cells/well
- Range10 cells/well - 100 cells/well
- Assay time0h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam's Cell Viability Assay Kit (Bioluminescent) utilizes bioluminescent detection of the ATP levels for a rapid screening of apoptosis and cell proliferation simultaneously in mammalian cells. The assay utilizes luciferase to catalyze the formation of light from ATP and luciferin, and the light can be measured using a luminometer or Beta Counter. The assay can be fully automatic for high throughput (10 seconds/sample). The high sensitivity of this assay has led to many other applications for detecting ATP production in various enzymatic reactions, as well as for detecting low level bacterial contamination in samples such as blood, milk, urine, soil, and sludge.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Cell death (especially apoptosis) is an energy-dependent process that requires ATP. As ATP levels fall to a point where the cell can no longer perform basic metabolic functions, the cell will die. A typical apoptotic cell exhibits a significant decrease in ATP level. Therefore, loss of ATP level in cell has been used as an indicator of cell death. In contrast, cell proliferation has been recognized by increased levels of ATP.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
Components 200 tests ATP (MW 551) 1 x 1mg ATP Monitoring Enzyme (Lyophilised) 1 vial Enzyme Reconstitution Buffer 1 x 1.2ml Nucleotide Releasing Buffer 1 x 20ml
- RelevanceCell viability is a determination of living or dead cells, based on a total cell population. Cell viability assess healthy cells in a sample, with no distinction between dividing or quiescent cells. An increase in cell viability indicates cell growth, while a decrease in viability can generally be interpreted as the result of either toxic effects of compounds/agents or suboptimal culture conditions.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65314 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Cell Viability Assay Kit (Bioluminescent) (ab65314)
ab65314 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.