Cholesterol/Cholesteryl Ester Detection Kit (ab102515)
- Product nameCholesterol/Cholesteryl Ester Detection KitSee all Cholesterol/Cholesteryl Ester kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time1h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Cholesterol/Cholesteryl Ester Detection Kit provides a simple method for sensitive quantification of free cholesterol, cholesteryl esters, or both using a colorimetric method. Most of the cholesterol in blood is in the form of cholesteryl ester. These esters can be hydrolyzed to free cholesterol under the appropriate conditions. In the assay, free cholesterol is oxidized by cholesterol dehydrogenase to generate NADH which reacts with a sensitive probe resulting in strong absorbance at 450 nm. The assay can detect free or total cholesterol depending upon whether esterase is utilized to hydrolyze cholesterol esters present. Cholesteryl ester can be determined by subtracting the value of free cholesterol from the total cholesterol (cholesterol plus cholesteryl esters). The probe in this kit is more stable, sensitive and specific. The assay can tolerate interferences from various samples significantly.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Cholesterol is an essential molecule in all animal life. It has been involved in both normal development and diseases.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Cholesterol Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Cholesterol Standard Yellow 1 x 100µl Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial Esterase (lyophilized) Blue 1 vial Substrate Mix (lyophilized) Red 1 vial
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
- RelevanceCholesterol is an essential molecule in all animal life. It is involved in both normal development and diseases. A high level of serum cholesterol is an indicator for diseases such as heart disease. Cholesteryl ester is an ester of cholesterol. The ester bond is formed between the carboxylate group of a fatty acid and the hydroxyl group of cholesterol.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102515 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Cholesterol/Cholesteryl Ester Detection Kit images
Cholesterol Standard Curve: Cholesterol/Cholesteryl Ester was quantified according to the kit instructions. Background from the 0 standard reading (without cholesterol) has been subtracted from all readings.
References for Cholesterol/Cholesteryl Ester Detection Kit (ab102515)
ab102515 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.