Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab6168)
- Product nameAnti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody - Neuronal MarkerSee all Choline Acetyltransferase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Choline Acetyltransferase - Neuronal Marker
- SpecificityExtensive immunohistochemistry indicates localisation to cholinergic nervous system only. Cross reactivity: This antibody is known to react with rat and guinea pig. Cross reactivity with other species has not been tested yet.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Human, Non Human Primates
Does not react withSheep
Synthetic peptide: H-GLFSSYRLPGHTQDTLVAQKSS conjugated to KLH by a Glutaraldehyde linker, corresponding to amino acids 168-189 of Choline Acetyltransferase.
- General notesThis antibody appears to have identical characteristics to those described by Benecke et al (1993). The antigen is the same. It is an excellent reagent for immunohistochemistry for both peripheral and central nervous system, staining both cell bodies and nerve terminals.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C (add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6168 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Abreview.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19422789|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/2000. Fix using formaldehyde. Perfusion fix the tissue with Zamboni fixative and post-fix (1-2hrs according to Masliukov PM & Timmermans) in 4% formaldehyde (4% formaldehyde with or without 15% picric acid is a very good fixative, it should also work with Bouin fixative too).Cryoprotect the tissue by direct immersion in 30% sucrose (at +4C). Use on free floating sections for best results.
This antibody does not work with glutaraldehyde fixation.
- FunctionCatalyzes the reversible synthesis of acetylcholine (ACh) from acetyl CoA and choline at cholinergic synapses.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHAT are the cause of congenital myasthenic syndrome with episodic apnea (CMSEA) [MIM:254210]; formerly known as familial infantile myasthenia gravis 2 (FIMG2). CMSEA is an autosomal recessive congenital myasthenic syndrome. Patients have myasthenic symptoms since birth or early infancy, negative tests for anti-AChR antibodies, and abrupt episodic crises with increased weakness, bulbar paralysis, and apnea precipitated by undue exertion, fever, or excitement.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the carnitine/choline acetyltransferase family.
- Acetyl CoA choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- acetyl CoA:choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- ChAT antibody
- CHOACTase antibody
- Choline acetylase antibody
- choline acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O-acetyltransferase antibody
- CLAT_HUMAN antibody
- CMS1A antibody
- CMS1A2 antibody
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000019583 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000019584 antibody
Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody - Neuronal Marker images
ab6168 staining rat stomach tissue sections by immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). Tissue underwent fixation in paraformaldehyde. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with sample for 24 hours. A Texas Red® conjugated goat polyclonal (IgG whole molecule) to rabbit IgG, diluted 1/400 was used as secondary.
ab6168 staining cells in rat brain section by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and blocked in 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 in 10% donkey serum and incubated with the sample for 24 hours at 25°C. A FITC-conjugated donkey polyclonal to rabbit IgG, diluted 1/200 was used the secondary.
References for Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab6168)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tu JL et al. APOE 4 polymorphism results in early cognitive deficits in an EAE model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 384:466-70 (2009). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19422789) »
- Masliukov PM & Timmermans JP Immunocytochemical properties of stellate ganglion neurons during early postnatal development. Histochem Cell Biol 122:201-9 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 15338227) »