Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody (ab18736)
- Product nameAnti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibodySee all Choline Acetyltransferase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Choline Acetyltransferase
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken
Synthetic peptide: GLFSSYRLPGHTQDTLVAQKSS conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 167-188 of Pig Choline Acetyltransferase.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C (add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18736 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution; (see recommended protocol). Use on perfusion fixed tissue (1% sodium Nitrite in 0.1M TBS, pH, 7.4 for 20 min then 4% formaldehyde containing 15% picric acid in 0.1M TBS,pH, 7.4 for 20min).
IHC-FoFr: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml (see recommended protocol). Use on perfusion fixed tissue (1% sodium Nitrite in 0.1M TBS, pH, 7.4 for 20 min then 4% formaldehyde containing 15% picric acid in 0.1M TBS,pH, 7.4 for 20min). Please note sections must be post fixed if the tissue is cut freshly.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCatalyzes the reversible synthesis of acetylcholine (ACh) from acetyl CoA and choline at cholinergic synapses.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHAT are the cause of congenital myasthenic syndrome with episodic apnea (CMSEA) [MIM:254210]; formerly known as familial infantile myasthenia gravis 2 (FIMG2). CMSEA is an autosomal recessive congenital myasthenic syndrome. Patients have myasthenic symptoms since birth or early infancy, negative tests for anti-AChR antibodies, and abrupt episodic crises with increased weakness, bulbar paralysis, and apnea precipitated by undue exertion, fever, or excitement.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the carnitine/choline acetyltransferase family.
- Acetyl CoA choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- acetyl CoA:choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- ChAT antibody
- CHOACTase antibody
- Choline acetylase antibody
- choline acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O-acetyltransferase antibody
- CLAT_HUMAN antibody
- CMS1A antibody
- CMS1A2 antibody
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000019583 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000019584 antibody
Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody images
Immunohistochemical detection of ChAT in rat basal forebrain using Sheep anti ChAT (ab18736).
Rat was perfused with 1% sodium Nitrite in 0.1M TBS, pH, 7.4 for 20 min. and then fixed with 4% formaldehyde containing 15% picric acid in 0.1M TBS, pH, 7.4 for 30 min. The brain was then cryoprotected in 30% overnight and cut into 40 nm free-floating sections. Sections were washed 2x with TBS for 20 min. and passed through asending ethanol and finally transferred to 0.1 M TBS for rehydration for 1h.
References for Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody (ab18736)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sims RE et al. Sleep-wake sensitive mechanisms of adenosine release in the basal forebrain of rodents: an in vitro study. PLoS One 8:e53814 (2013). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23326515) »
- Baracchi F et al. Sepsis-induced alterations in sleep of rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 301:R1467-78 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21900639) »