Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody (ab68779)
- Product nameAnti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibodySee all Choline Acetyltransferase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Choline Acetyltransferase
- SpecificitySpecific for ChAT.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Dog, Human, Pig
A synthetic peptide as a part of human, rat and mouse Choline Acetyltransferase conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68779 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. This antibody has been tested in Western blot against the recombinant peptide used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the reversible synthesis of acetylcholine (ACh) from acetyl CoA and choline at cholinergic synapses.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHAT are the cause of congenital myasthenic syndrome with episodic apnea (CMSEA) [MIM:254210]; formerly known as familial infantile myasthenia gravis 2 (FIMG2). CMSEA is an autosomal recessive congenital myasthenic syndrome. Patients have myasthenic symptoms since birth or early infancy, negative tests for anti-AChR antibodies, and abrupt episodic crises with increased weakness, bulbar paralysis, and apnea precipitated by undue exertion, fever, or excitement.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the carnitine/choline acetyltransferase family.
- Acetyl CoA choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Acetyl CoA:choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- ChAT antibody
- CHOACTase antibody
- Choline acetylase antibody
- choline acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O-acetyltransferase antibody
- CLAT_HUMAN antibody
- CMS1A antibody
- CMS1A2 antibody
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000019583 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000019584 antibody
Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab68779 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab68779, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) ab150077) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI (ab104139) was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Choline Acetyltransferase antibody (ab68779)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kitiyanant N et al. BDNF-, IGF-1- and GDNF-Secreting Human Neural Progenitor Cells Rescue Amyloid ß-Induced Toxicity in Cultured Rat Septal Neurons. Neurochem Res 37:143-52 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21909955) »
- Garbuzova-Davis S et al. Multiple intravenous administrations of human umbilical cord blood cells benefit in a mouse model of ALS. PLoS One 7:e31254 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22319620) »