Choline/Acetylcholine Assay Kit (ab65345)
- Product nameCholine/Acetylcholine Assay Kit
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 0.01 nmol/well
- Range0.01 nmol/well - 5 nmol/well
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
Abcam's Choline/Acetylcholine Assay Kit provides a simple and sensitive means for quantifying Choline and Acetylcholine by either a colorimetric or fluorometric method. In the assay free choline is oxidized to betaine, via the intermediate betaine aldehyde. The reaction generates products which react with the Choline Probe to generate color (λ= 570 nm), and fluorescence (Ex/Em 535/587 nm). Acetylcholine can be converted to choline by adding acetylcholinesterase to the reaction. The kit can detect choline and acetylcholine (total choline – free choline) in various biological samples such as in blood, cells, culture media, fermentation media, etc. There is no need for pretreatment or purification of samples. The kit can detect ~10 pmol-5 nmol of choline or acetylcholine.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Choline and acetylcholine play important roles in many biological processes.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Components Identifier 100 tests Acetylcholinesterase Blue 1 vial Choline Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Choline Enzyme Mix Green 1 vial Choline Probe (in DMSO) Red 1 x 200µl Choline Standard (5 µmol) Yellow 1 vial
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65345 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Choline/Acetylcholine Assay Kit images
Choline/Acetylcholine Assays were performed following the kit instructions. The diamonds are generated using choline as the substrate, whereas the open and closed circles were generated using acetylcholine as substrate in the presence and absence of acetylcholinesterase.
References for Choline/Acetylcholine Assay Kit (ab65345)
This product has been referenced in:
- Milara J et al. Aclidinium inhibits human lung fibroblast to myofibroblast transition. Thorax 67:229-37 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 21957094) »
- Reale M et al. Relation between Pro-inflammatory Cytokines and Acetylcholine Levels in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Patients. Int J Mol Sci 13:12656-64 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 23202919) »