- Product nameCimetidine
- DescriptionPrototypic H2 antagonist. I1 agonist.
- Biological descriptionPrototypic H2 antagonist. Also an I1 receptor agonist. Displays anti-tumour and immunomodulatory activity.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical nameN-Cyano-N'-methyl-N''-[2-[(5-methyl-1H-imidazol-4-yl)methyl]thio]ethyl]guanidine
- Molecular Weight252.34
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC10H16N6S
- CAS Number51481-61-9
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Cimetidine (ab120731)
This product has been referenced in:
- Brimblecombe RW et al. The pharmacology of cimetidine, a new histamine H2-receptor antagonist. 1975. Br J Pharmacol 160 Suppl 1:S52-3 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20590655) »
- Fukuda M et al. Cimetidine inhibits salivary gland tumor cell adhesion to neural cells and induces apoptosis by blocking NCAM expression. BMC Cancer 8:376 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 19091137) »
- Ernsberger P & Haxhiu MA The I1-imidazoline-binding site is a functional receptor mediating vasodepression via the ventral medulla. Am J Physiol 273:R1572-9 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9374796) »