Anti-Collagen I + II + III antibody [1.BB.749] (ab61969)
- Product nameAnti-Collagen I + II + III antibody [1.BB.749]See all Collagen I + II + III primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1.BB.749] to Collagen I + II + III
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with native as well as with heat denatured collagen types I, II, III. It does not react with other collagen types (IV and V). Human plasma proteins do not interfere with binding to collagen.
- Tested applicationsELISA, RIA, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length Human Collagen Type I, II, III.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityPurified IgM
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified by PEG6000 precipitation and Sepharose 6B gel filtration.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1.BB.749
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61969 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Immunohistochemistry (acetone fixed)|
RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Is unsuitable for IHC-P.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceCollagen I is a fibrillar collagen found in most connective tissues, and the only component of the collagen found in cartilage. Mutations in this gene are associated with osteogenesis imperfecta, Ehlers Danlos syndrome, and idiopathic osteoporosis. Reciprocal translocations between chromosomes 17 and 22, where this gene and the gene for platelet derived growth factor beta are located, are associated with a particular type of skin tumor called dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, resulting from unregulated expression of the growth factor. Two transcripts, resulting from the use of alternate polyadenylation signals, have been identified for this gene. Type II collagen is a fibrillar collagen found in cartilage and the vitreous humor of the eye. Collagen type II is essential for the normal embryonic development of the skeleton, for linear growth and for the ability of cartilage to resist compressive forces. Mutations in this gene are associated with achondrogenesis, chondrodysplasia, early onset familial osteoarthritis, SED congenita, Langer Saldino achondrogenesis, Kniest dysplasia, Stickler syndrome type I, and spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia Strudwick type. In addition, defects in processing chondrocalcin, a calcium binding protein that is the C propeptide of this collagen molecule, are also associated with chondrodysplasia. There are two transcripts identified for this gene. Collagen III is a fibrillar collagen that is found in extensible connective tissues such as skin, lung, and the vascular system, frequently in association with Collagen I. Mutations in this gene are associated with Ehlers Danlos syndrome type IV, and with aortic and arterial aneurysms. Although alternate transcripts have been detected for this gene, they are the result of mutations; these mutations alter splicing, often leading to the exclusion of multiple exons.
- Entrez Gene: 1280 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1278 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1281 Human
- Omim: 120140 Human
- Omim: 120180 Human
- Omim: 120150 Human
- Omim: 120160 Human
- SwissProt: P02458 Human
- SwissProt: P02461 Human
- SwissProt: P02452 Human
- SwissProt: P08123 Human
- Unigene: 408182 Human
- Unigene: 443625 Human
- Unigene: 172928 Human
- Unigene: 489142 Human
- ALPHA 1 antibodyALPHA 1 CHAIN antibodyAlpha 1 type II col antibody
- ALPHA 2 antibodyALPHA 2 CHAIN antibodyANFH antibodyAOM antibodyCartilage collagen antibodyChondrocalcin antibodyCOL 3A1 antibodyCOL11A3 antibodyCOL1A1 antibodyCOL1A1 PDGFB FUSION GENE antibodyCOL1A2 antibodyCOL2A1 antibodyCOL3A1 antibodyCollagen alpha 1(II) chain antibodyCollagen alpha 1(III) chain antibodyCollagen I alpha 1 polypeptide antibodyCollagen I alpha 2 polypeptide antibodyCollagen II alpha 1 polypeptide antibodyCollagen III alpha 1 chain precursor antibodyCollagen III alpha 1 polypeptide antibodyCOLLAGEN OF CARTILAGE antibodyCollagen Of Skin Tendon And Bone antibodyCollagen Type 1 antibodyCollagen type II alpha 1 (primary osteoarthritis spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenital) antibodyCOLLAGEN TYPE II antibodyEDS4A antibodyFetal collagen antibodyMGC131516 antibodyOI EDS COMBINED SYNDROME antibodyOI4 antibodyOsteogenesis Imperfecta Type IV antibodyPro alpha 1(I) colla antibodySEDC antibodyType III collagen antibodyVITREORETINOPATHY WITH PHALANGEAL EPIPHYSEAL DYSPLASIA antibody
References for Anti-Collagen I + II + III antibody [1.BB.749] (ab61969)
ab61969 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.