Anti-Collagen III antibody (ab83829)
- Product nameAnti-Collagen III antibodySee all Collagen III primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Collagen III
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 150 - 250 of Human Collagen III.
(Peptide available as ab101725.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Skin (Human) Tissue Lysate; Small Intestine (Human) Tissue Lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83829 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 mg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 138 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 138 kDa).Can be blocked with Collagen III peptide (ab101725).|
- FunctionCollagen type III occurs in most soft connective tissues along with type I collagen.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in COL3A1 are a cause of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type 3 (EDS3) [MIM:130020]; also known as benign hypermobility syndrome. EDS is a connective tissue disorder characterized by hyperextensible skin, atrophic cutaneous scars due to tissue fragility and joint hyperlaxity. EDS3 is a form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome characterized by marked joint hyperextensibility without skeletal deformity.
Defects in COL3A1 are the cause of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type 4 (EDS4) [MIM:130050]. EDS is a connective tissue disorder characterized by hyperextensible skin, atrophic cutaneous scars due to tissue fragility and joint hyperlaxity. EDS4 is the most severe form of the disease. It is characterized by the joint and dermal manifestations as in other forms of the syndrome, characteristic facial features (acrogeria) in most patients, and by proneness to spontaneous rupture of bowel and large arteries. The vascular complications may affect all anatomical areas.
Defects in COL3A1 are a cause of susceptibility to aortic aneurysm abdominal (AAA) [MIM:100070]. AAA is a common multifactorial disorder characterized by permanent dilation of the abdominal aorta, usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. Histologically, AAA is characterized by signs of chronic inflammation, destructive remodeling of the extracellular matrix, and depletion of vascular smooth muscle cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the fibrillar collagen family.
Contains 1 fibrillar collagen NC1 domain.
Contains 1 VWFC domain.
modificationsProline residues at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in some or all of the chains.
O-linked glycan consists of a Glc-Gal disaccharide bound to the oxygen atom of a post-translationally added hydroxyl group.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CO3A1_HUMAN antibody
- COL 3A1 antibody
- COL3A1 antibody
- Collagen alpha 1(III) chain antibody
- Collagen alpha-1(III) chain antibody
- Collagen III alpha 1 chain precursor antibody
- Collagen III alpha 1 polypeptide antibody
- Collagen type III alpha 1 (Ehlers Danlos syndrome type IV autosomal dominant) antibody
- Collagen type III alpha 1 antibody
- Collagen type III alpha antibody
- EDS4A antibody
- Ehlers Danlos syndrome type IV, autosomal dominant antibody
- Fetal collagen antibody
- Type III collagen antibody
Anti-Collagen III antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Collagen III antibody (ab83829) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Skin (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30166)
Lane 2 :
Small Intestine (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29276)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 138 kDa
Observed band size : 138 kDa
Additional bands at : 200 kDa,60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
References for Anti-Collagen III antibody (ab83829)
ab83829 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.