Anti-Collagen IV antibody [SPM131], prediluted (ab15188)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSPM131
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15188 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionType IV collagen is the major structural component of glomerular basement membranes (GBM), forming a 'chicken-wire' meshwork together with laminins, proteoglycans and entactin/nidogen.
Arresten, comprising the C-terminal NC1 domain, inhibits angiogenesis and tumor formation. The C-terminal half is found to possess the anti-angiogenic activity. Specifically inhibits endothelial cell proliferation, migration and tube formation. Inhibits expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha and ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK activation. Ligand for alpha1/beta1 integrin.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in COL4A1 are a cause of brain small vessel disease with hemorrhage (BSVDH) [MIM:607595]. Brain small vessel diseases underlie 20 to 30 percent of ischemic strokes and a larger proportion of intracerebral hemorrhages. Inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Defects in COL4A1 are the cause of hereditary angiopathy with nephropathy aneurysms and muscle cramps (HANAC) [MIM:611773]. The clinical renal manifestations include hematuria and bilateral large cysts. Histologic analysis revealed complex basement membrane defects in kidney and skin. The systemic angiopathy appears to affect both small vessels and large arteries.
Defects in COL4A1 are a cause of porencephaly familial (PCEPH) [MIM:175780]. Porencephaly is a term used for any cavitation or cerebrospinal fluid-filled cyst in the brain. Porencephaly type 1 is usually unilateral and results from focal destructive lesions such as fetal vascular occlusion or birth trauma. Type 2, or schizencephalic porencephaly, is usually symmetric and represents a primary defect or arrest in the development of the cerebral ventricles.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type IV collagen family.
Contains 1 collagen IV NC1 (C-terminal non-collagenous) domain.
- DomainAlpha chains of type IV collagen have a non-collagenous domain (NC1) at their C-terminus, frequent interruptions of the G-X-Y repeats in the long central triple-helical domain (which may cause flexibility in the triple helix), and a short N-terminal triple-helical 7S domain.
modificationsLysines at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in all cases and bind carbohydrates.
Prolines at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in some or all of the chains.
Type IV collagens contain numerous cysteine residues which are involved in inter- and intramolecular disulfide bonding. 12 of these, located in the NC1 domain, are conserved in all known type IV collagens.
The trimeric structure of the NC1 domains is stabilized by covalent bonds between Lys and Met residues.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, arresten.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 1282 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1284 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1285 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1286 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1287 Human
- Omim: 120070 Human
- Omim: 120090 Human
- Omim: 120130 Human
- Omim: 120131 Human
- Omim: 303630 Human
- SwissProt: P02462 Human
- SwissProt: P08572 Human
- SwissProt: P29400 Human
- SwissProt: P53420 Human
- SwissProt: Q01955 Human
- Unigene: 17441 Human
- Unigene: 369089 Human
- Unigene: 570065 Human
- Unigene: 591645 Human
- Arresten antibody
- Canstatin antibody
- CO4A1_HUMAN antibody
- COL4A1 antibody
- COL4A1 NC1 domain antibody
- COL4A2 antibody
- COL4A3 antibody
- COL4A4 antibody
- COL4A5 antibody
- Collagen Alpha 1(IV) Chain antibody
- Collagen Alpha 2(IV) Chain antibody
- collagen alpha-1(IV) chain antibody
- Collagen IV Alpha 1 Polypeptide antibody
- Collagen IV Alpha 2 Polypeptide antibody
- Collagen Of Basement Membrane Alpha 1 Chain antibody
- Collagen Of Basement Membrane Alpha 2 Chain antibody
- Collagen Type IV Alpha 1 antibody
- Collagen Type IV Alpha 2 antibody
- Collagen Type IV Alpha 3 antibody
- Collagen Type IV Alpha 4 antibody
- Collagen Type IV Alpha 5 antibody
- DKFZp686I14213 antibody
- FLJ22259 antibody
References for Anti-Collagen IV antibody [SPM131], prediluted (ab15188)
ab15188 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.