Anti-Collagen IV antibody (ab21294)
- Product nameAnti-Collagen IV antibodySee all Collagen IV primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Collagen IV
- SpecificityCross-Reactivity: (OD at a 1:100 ELISA dilution) Bovine Collagen Type IV >=1.0 Bovine Collagen Type I, II, III, IX, XI <0.1* Bovine Fibronectin <0.1* Other species type IV Collagen <0.1* (*OD<0.2 means negative reactivity)
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow
Collagen Type IV extracted and purified from bovine lens capsule.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified by ion exchange chromatography.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21294 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionType IV collagen is the major structural component of glomerular basement membranes (GBM), forming a 'chicken-wire' meshwork together with laminins, proteoglycans and entactin/nidogen.
Arresten, comprising the C-terminal NC1 domain, inhibits angiogenesis and tumor formation. The C-terminal half is found to possess the anti-angiogenic activity. Specifically inhibits endothelial cell proliferation, migration and tube formation. Inhibits expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha and ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK activation. Ligand for alpha1/beta1 integrin.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in COL4A1 are a cause of brain small vessel disease with hemorrhage (BSVDH) [MIM:607595]. Brain small vessel diseases underlie 20 to 30 percent of ischemic strokes and a larger proportion of intracerebral hemorrhages. Inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Defects in COL4A1 are the cause of hereditary angiopathy with nephropathy aneurysms and muscle cramps (HANAC) [MIM:611773]. The clinical renal manifestations include hematuria and bilateral large cysts. Histologic analysis revealed complex basement membrane defects in kidney and skin. The systemic angiopathy appears to affect both small vessels and large arteries.
Defects in COL4A1 are a cause of porencephaly familial (PCEPH) [MIM:175780]. Porencephaly is a term used for any cavitation or cerebrospinal fluid-filled cyst in the brain. Porencephaly type 1 is usually unilateral and results from focal destructive lesions such as fetal vascular occlusion or birth trauma. Type 2, or schizencephalic porencephaly, is usually symmetric and represents a primary defect or arrest in the development of the cerebral ventricles.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type IV collagen family.
Contains 1 collagen IV NC1 (C-terminal non-collagenous) domain.
- DomainAlpha chains of type IV collagen have a non-collagenous domain (NC1) at their C-terminus, frequent interruptions of the G-X-Y repeats in the long central triple-helical domain (which may cause flexibility in the triple helix), and a short N-terminal triple-helical 7S domain.
modificationsLysines at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in all cases and bind carbohydrates.
Prolines at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in some or all of the chains.
Type IV collagens contain numerous cysteine residues which are involved in inter- and intramolecular disulfide bonding. 12 of these, located in the NC1 domain, are conserved in all known type IV collagens.
The trimeric structure of the NC1 domains is stabilized by covalent bonds between Lys and Met residues.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, arresten.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Arresten antibodyCanstatin antibodyCO4A1_HUMAN antibody
- COL4A1 antibodyCOL4A1 NC1 domain antibodyCOL4A2 antibodyCOL4A3 antibodyCOL4A4 antibodyCOL4A5 antibodyCollagen Alpha 1(IV) Chain antibodyCollagen Alpha 2(IV) Chain antibodycollagen alpha-1(IV) chain antibodyCollagen IV Alpha 1 Polypeptide antibodyCollagen IV Alpha 2 Polypeptide antibodyCollagen Of Basement Membrane Alpha 1 Chain antibodyCollagen Of Basement Membrane Alpha 2 Chain antibodyCollagen Type IV Alpha 1 antibodyCollagen Type IV Alpha 2 antibodyCollagen Type IV Alpha 3 antibodyCollagen Type IV Alpha 4 antibodyCollagen Type IV Alpha 5 antibodyDKFZp686I14213 antibodyFLJ22259 antibody
References for Anti-Collagen IV antibody (ab21294)
ab21294 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.