Anti-Collagen V antibody (ab7046)
- Product nameAnti-Collagen V antibodySee all Collagen V primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Collagen V
- SpecificityNegligible cross-reactivity with Type I, II, III, IV or VI collagens. Non-specific cross reaction of anti-collagen antibodies with other human serum proteins or non-collagen extracellular matrix proteins is negligible.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, IHC-Fr, IP, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
Full length native Collagen Type V (purified) from adult human and bovine tissues.
- General notes
Some class specific anti-collagens may be specific for three-dimensional epitopes which may result in diminished reactivity with denatured collagen or formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded tissues.
- Storage instructionsAdd glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 8.00
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 4.8% Sodium borate, 0.15% EDTA, 0.44% Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesImmunoaffinity chromatography using immobilized antigens followed by extensive cross-adsorption against other collagens, human serum proteins and non-collagen extracellular matrix proteins to remove any unwanted specificities.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Can be used with a suitable biotinylated detection antibody such as Rabbit polyclonal to Collagen V (Biotin) (ab6582).|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/50 - 1/200.|
|IP||IP: 1/5000 - 1/10000.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 180 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 180 kDa). Native conditions are recommended.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18385800|
- RelevanceCollagens are highly conserved throughout evolution and are characterized by an uninterrupted "Glycine-X-Y" triplet repeat that is a necessary part of the triple helical structure. Type V Collagen is a member of group I Collagen (fibrillar forming collagen). It is a minor connective tissue component of nearly ubiquitous distribution. Type V Collagen binds to DNA, heparan sulfate, Thrombospondin, Heparin, and Insulin. Collagen V is composed of several subunits as follows: trimers of two alpha 1(V) and one alpha 2(V) chains in most tissues and trimers of one alpha 1(V), one alpha 2(V), and one alpha 3(V) chains in placenta. Type V Collagen is closely related to type XI Collagen and it is possible that the Collagen chains of types V and XI constitute a single collagen type with tissue specific chain combinations. Mutations in this gene are associated with Ehlers Danlos syndrome, types I and II.
- Cellular localizationExtracellular matrix
- Entrez Gene: 282192 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 1289 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1290 Human
- Entrez Gene: 50509 Human
- Entrez Gene: 12831 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 12832 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 53867 Mouse
- Omim: 120190 Human
- Omim: 120215 Human
- Omim: 120216 Human
- SwissProt: P05997 Human
- SwissProt: P20908 Human
- SwissProt: P25940 Human
- SwissProt: Q15094 Human
- SwissProt: Q53WR4 Human
- SwissProt: Q5PR22 Human
- SwissProt: Q5SY11 Human
- SwissProt: Q86XF6 Human
- SwissProt: O88207 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q3U962 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q920S4 Mouse
- Unigene: 210283 Human
- Unigene: 235368 Human
- Unigene: 445827 Human
- Unigene: 10299 Mouse
- Unigene: 334994 Mouse
- Unigene: 7281 Mouse
- AB collagen antibody
- Alpha 1 type V collagen antibody
- Alpha 2 type V collagen antibody
- Col5A1 antibody
- Col5A2 antibody
- COL5A2 protein antibody
- Col5A3 antibody
- Collagen alpha 1(V) chain antibody
- Collagen alpha 2 (V) chain precursor antibody
- Collagen alpha 2(V) chain antibody
- Collagen alpha 3(V) chain antibody
- Collagen fetal membrane A polypeptide antibody
- Collagen type V alpha 1 antibody
- Collagen type V alpha 2 antibody
- Collagen type V alpha 3 antibody
- Collagen V alpha 2 polypeptide antibody
- CollagenV antibody
- MGC105115 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000064637 antibody
- Pro alpha 1 type V collagen antibody
- Pro alpha 3(V) collagen antibody
- Procollagen alpha 2(V) antibody
- Type V preprocollagen alpha 2 chain antibody
Anti-Collagen V antibody images
Anti-Collagen V antibody (ab7046) at 1 µg/ml +
Pancreas (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29816) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 180 kDa
Observed band size : 180 kDa
Additional bands at : 122 kDa,54 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 8 minutes
ab7046 staining Collagen V in Dog skeletal muscle tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). The sections were fixed in Acetone. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 in 10% Normal Goat Serum in PBS-T and incubated with the sample for 12 hours at 4°C. A Rhodamine-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody, diluted 1/200.
ab7046 staining Collagen V in Human pancreas tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). The sections were fixed in formaldehyde and subjected to heat-mediated antigen retrieval in citrate pH 6 prior to blocking with 0.25% casein for 5 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/75 in Tris--HCL and incubated with the sample for 30 minutes at 25°C. An HRP polymer-conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Collagen V antibody (ab7046)
This product has been referenced in:
- Li J et al. Hyaluronan injection in murine osteoarthritis prevents TGFbeta 1-induced synovial neovascularization and fibrosis and maintains articular cartilage integrity by a CD44-dependent mechanism. Arthritis Res Ther 14:R151 (2012). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22721434) »
- Schledzewski K et al. Deficiency of liver sinusoidal scavenger receptors stabilin-1 and -2 in mice causes glomerulofibrotic nephropathy via impaired hepatic clearance of noxious blood factors. J Clin Invest : (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21293057) »