Complement C5 Human ELISA Kit (ab125963)
- Product nameComplement C5 Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.5% Overall 4.5% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.1%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity0.3 ng/ml
- Range0.313 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Complement C5 Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of C5 in Human plasma, serum, saliva, milk, and cell culture supernatants.
A Complement C5 specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Complement C5 specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Complement C5 captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Complement C5 Antibody 1 x 140µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Complement C5 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Complement C5 Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- FunctionActivation of C5 by a C5 convertase initiates the spontaneous assembly of the late complement components, C5-C9, into the membrane attack complex. C5b has a transient binding site for C6. The C5b-C6 complex is the foundation upon which the lytic complex is assembled.
Derived from proteolytic degradation of complement C5, C5 anaphylatoxin is a mediator of local inflammatory process. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes. C5a also stimulates the locomotion of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (chemokinesis) and direct their migration toward sites of inflammation (chemotaxis).
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in C5 are the cause of complement component 5 deficiency (C5D) [MIM:609536]. A rare defect of the complement classical pathway associated with susceptibility to severe recurrent infections, predominantly by Neisseria gonorrhoeae or Neisseria meningitidis.
Note=An association study of C5 haplotypes and genotypes in individuals with chronic hepatitis C virus infection shows that individuals homozygous for the C5_1 haplotype have a significantly higher stage of liver fibrosis than individuals carrying at least 1 other allele (PubMed:15995705).
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 anaphylatoxin-like domain.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- anaphylatoxin C5a analog
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 4
- complement C5
- Complement C5 alpha'' chain
- Complement component 5
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125963 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Complement C5 Human ELISA Kit (ab125963)
ab125963 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.