Complex I Human Protein Quantity Dipstick Assay Kit (ab109722)
- Product nameComplex I Human Protein Quantity Dipstick Assay KitSee all Complex I kits ...
- Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
- Product overview
ab109722 contains 48 dipsticks and necessary components to quantify the levels of the fully assembled Complex I enzyme complex in human and bovine samples. The kit includes sufficient materials to generate a standard curve and evaluate several unknown samples.
Based on the immunologic sandwich assay, the kit utilizes two monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) specific to different antigens present on the Complex I enzyme complex. One antibody is immobilized on the nitrocellulose membrane in a thin line perpendicular to the length of the dipstick, while the other is gold-conjugated and combined with the sample mix. The sample contents containing the gold-conjugated mAb wick past the mAb immobilized on the dipstick. When assembled Complex I is present in the sample, a red line appears at the site of the anti-Complex I antibody line. The signal intensity is directly related to the amount of Complex I in the sample. The signal intensity is best measured by a dipstick reader or may be analyzed by another imaging system. To identify defects in Complex I that do not affect enzyme assembly combine this assay with ab109720 to determine the relative specific activity of Complex I.
All components are stable in their provided containers at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
After diluting the 10X Blocking Buffer to 2X, store at 4°C.
For long-term storage, all buffers can be stored at 4°C.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 48 tests Buffer B (10X Blocking solution) 1 x 0.4ml Dipsticks 1 x 30 units Extraction Buffer 1 x 15ml Gold-conjugated antibody (dried in microplate wells) 1 x 30 tests Wash buffer 1 x 1ml
- Research Areas
- NADH dehydrogenase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109722 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Complex I Human Protein Quantity Dipstick Assay Kit images
Figure 1. An example using ab109722 to quantify Complex I levels using various concentration of human fibroblast extract.
Figure 2. An example using ab109722 to quantify Complex I levels using various concentration of human fibroblast extract.
Dipstick assays use the well-established lateral flow concept, whereby capture antibodies are striped onto nitrocellulose membrane and a Whatman paper wicking pad draws the sample through the antibody bands. Detector antibodies, conjugated to gold, are dried in the wells of a 96-well plate. Sample is added to the well, the dipstick inserted, and within minutes the line for each target is revealed as the protein-detector antibody-gold complex binds with the capture antibodies. Multiplexing dipstick assays have multiple target protein lines. A positive control goat anti-mouse antibody line is included on all assays to ensure that adequate wicking of the sample occurred.
References for Complex I Human Protein Quantity Dipstick Assay Kit (ab109722)
This product has been referenced in:
- Machado AM et al. Helicobacter pylori infection affects mitochondrial function and DNA repair, thus, mediating genetic instability in gastric cells. Mech Ageing Dev N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24012633) »
- Pennington K et al. Differential effects of wild-type and A53T mutant isoform of alpha-synuclein on the mitochondrial proteome of differentiated SH-SY5Y cells. J Proteome Res 9:2390-401 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20334438) »