Anti-Complex II Immunocapture antibody [4H12BG12AG2] (ab109865)
- Product nameAnti-Complex II Immunocapture antibody [4H12BG12AG2]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4H12BG12AG2] to Complex II Immunocapture
- SpecificityHuman, bovine, mouse
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
Bovine Heart Complex II, with traces of Complex III.
- Positive control
- Bovine heart and Human mitochondria. IF/ICC: HeLa cell line
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesab109865 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4H12BG12AG2
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109865 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21346097|
|IP||IP: Use at 100-1 µg/mg of lysate.|
- RelevanceComplex II is also called succinate ubiquinone oxidoreductase or more commonly succinate dehydrogenase complex. This complex is composed of four nuclear encoded subunits and contains a flavin (FAD), non-heme iron centers and a b-type cytochrome as prosthetic groups. It is both a component of the electron transport chain and an enzyme of the Krebs cycle. Complex II deficiencies are seen in OXPHOS genetic disease and found in a type of cancer called paraganglioma.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrial
Anti-Complex II Immunocapture antibody [4H12BG12AG2] images
ICC/IF image of ab109865 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab109865, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Staining of Complex II Lane 1: 0.1 mg Bovine mitochondrial lysate Lane 2: 0.5 mg Human mitochondrial lysate Immunoprecipitated using ab109865 at 100 µg/mg lysate
References for Anti-Complex II Immunocapture antibody [4H12BG12AG2] (ab109865)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jonckheere AI et al. A complex V ATP5A1 defect causes fatal neonatal mitochondrial encephalopathy. Brain 136:1544-54 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23599390) »
- Mendez-Figueroa H et al. Effects of Labor on Placental Fatty Acid Beta Oxidation. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med : (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22928498) »