Complex III Immunocapture Kit (ab109800)
- Product nameComplex III Immunocapture KitSee all Complex III kits ...
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Product overview
250 µg, 500 µg or 750 µg monoclonal antibodies irreversibly crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads which can immunocapture ~25 µg, ~50 µg or ~75 µg respectively of Complex III from heart mitochondria.
ab109800 Complex III Immunocapture Kit allows isolation of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase complex from small amounts of tissue. This facilitates subsequent analysis of assembly state, activity and the extent of post translational modifications including oxidative damage that occur with aging. Uses for ab109800 include research on genetic mitochondrial disease, where complex III may have an additional role in the stabilization of complex I.
Note: The immunocapture protocol for this kit requires Abcam detergent lauryl maltoside (ab109857/MS910).
- Tested applicationsIP more details
Components 250 µg 500 µg 750 µg monoclonal Complex III antibody irreversibly cross-linked to protein G-agarose beads 1 x 250µg 1 x 500µg 1 x 750µg
- Research Areas
- RelevanceComplex II (succinate-ubiquinone oxidoreductase), one of the mitochondrial respiratory chain complexes, transfers electrons from succinate generated during the citric acid cycle to Complex III (ubiquinolcytochrome c oxidoreductase), via a mobile electron shuttle, ubiquinone. Complex III transfers electrons to Complex IV (cytochrome c oxidase) via another mobile electron shuttle, cytochrome c.
- coenzyme Q : cytochrome c — oxidoreductase
- cytochrome bc1 complex
- Entrez Gene: 7384 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7385 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1537 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7386 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4519 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7381 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7388 Human
- Entrez Gene: 27089 Human
- Entrez Gene: 29796 Human
- Entrez Gene: 10975 Human
- SwissProt: P31930 Human
- SwissProt: P22695 Human
- SwissProt: P08574 Human
- SwissProt: P47985 Human
- SwissProt: P00156 Human
- SwissProt: P07919 Human
- SwissProt: P14927 Human
- SwissProt: O14949 Human
- SwissProt: Q9UDW1 Human
- SwissProt: O14957 Human
- Unigene: 119251 Human
- Unigene: 528803 Human
- Unigene: 289271 Human
- Unigene: 726119 Human
- Unigene: 481571 Human
- Unigene: 131255 Human
- Unigene: 146602 Human
- Unigene: 284292 Human
- Unigene: 8372 Human
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109800 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Complex III Immunocapture Kit images
Complex III immunoprecipitation using antibody ab109862/MS301 crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads as product ab109800.
References for Complex III Immunocapture Kit (ab109800)
This product has been referenced in:
- Korde AS et al. Primary role of mitochondrial Rieske iron-sulfur protein in hypoxic ROS production in pulmonary artery myocytes. Free Radic Biol Med 50:945-52 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21238580) »
- Munusamy S et al. Alteration of renal respiratory Complex-III during experimental type-1 diabetes. BMC Endocr Disord 9:2 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19166612) »