Complex IV Immunocapture Kit (ab109801)
- Product nameComplex IV Immunocapture KitSee all Complex IV kits ...
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
- Product overview
250 µg, 500 µg or 750 µg monoclonal antibodies irreversibly crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads which can immunocapture ~25 µg, ~50 µg or ~75 µg respectively of Complex IV from heart mitochondria.
ab109801 Complex IV Immunocapture Kit allows isolation of the cytochrome c oxidase complex from small amounts of tissue. This facilitates subsequent analysis of both assembly state and accrued post-translational modifications of all 13 subunits of the enzyme. The immunoprecipitated Complex IV shows cytochrome c oxidase activity while bound to the beads and this activity is fully sensitive to cyanide. Uses for ab109801 include but are not limited to examining alterations of Complex IV subunits in inherited mitochondrial diseases, Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia and cancer.
Note: The immunocapture protocol for this kit requires Abcam detergent lauryl maltoside (ab109857/MS910).
- Tested applicationsIP more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 250 µg 500 µg 750 µg monoclonal Complex IV antibody irreversibly crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads 1 x 250µg 1 x 500µg 1 x 750µg
- Research Areas
- COXCytochrome c oxidaseCytochrome oxidase
- Entrez Gene: 4512 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4513 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4514 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1345 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1329 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1349 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1337 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1327 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1340 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 9377 Human
- Entrez Gene: 1346 Human
- SwissProt: P00395 Human
- SwissProt: P00403 Human
- SwissProt: P00414 Human
- SwissProt: P13073 Human
- SwissProt: P12074 Human
- SwissProt: P15954 Human
- SwissProt: P24311 Human
- SwissProt: P10176 Human
- SwissProt: P14854 Human
- SwissProt: P09669 Human
- SwissProt: P24310 Human
- SwissProt: P20674 Human
- SwissProt: P10606 Human
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109801 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Complex IV Immunocapture Kit images
Complex IV immunoprecipitation using antibody ab109863/MS101c crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads as product ab109801
References for Complex IV Immunocapture Kit (ab109801)
This product has been referenced in:
- van den Bosch BJ et al. Defective NDUFA9 as a novel cause of neonatally fatal complex I disease. J Med Genet 49:10-5 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22114105) »
- Tucker EJ et al. Mutations in MTFMT Underlie a Human Disorder of Formylation Causing Impaired Mitochondrial Translation. Cell Metab 14:428-34 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21907147) »