Complex IV Rodent Immunocapture Kit (ab109860)
- Product nameComplex IV Rodent Immunocapture KitSee all Complex IV kits ...
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Product overview
250 µg, 500 µg or 750 µg monoclonal antibodies irreversibly crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads which can immunocapture ~25 µg, ~50 µg or ~75 µg respectively of Complex IV from heart mitochondria.
ab109860 allows for isolation of the cytochrome c oxidase complex from small amounts of tissue. This facilitates subsequent analysis of both assembly state and accrued post-translational modifications of all 13 subunits of the enzyme. The immunoprecipitated Complex IV shows cytochrome c oxidase activity while bound to the beads and this activity is fully sensitive to cyanide. Uses for ab109860 include but are not limited to examining alterations of Complex IV subunits in inherited mitochondrial diseases, Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia and cancer.
Note: The immunocapture protocol for this kit requires Abcam detergent lauryl maltoside (ab109857/MS910).
- Tested applicationsIP more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 250 µg 500 µg 750 µg monoclonal antibody irreversibly crosslinked to protein G-agarose beads 1 x 250µg 1 x 500µg 1 x 750µg
- Research Areas
- COXCytochrome c oxidaseCytochrome oxidase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109860 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Complex IV Rodent Immunocapture Kit (ab109860)
This product has been referenced in:
- Strub GM et al. Sphingosine-1-phosphate produced by sphingosine kinase 2 in mitochondria interacts with prohibitin 2 to regulate complex IV assembly and respiration. FASEB J 25:600-12 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 20959514) »