Creatinine Assay Kit (ab65340)
- Product nameCreatinine Assay Kit
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time1h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Creatinine Assay Kit provides an accurate, convenient measure of creatine concentration in biological fluids such as serum, urine or CSF. In the assay, creatinine is converted to creatine by creatininase, creatine is converted to sarcosine, which is specifically oxidized to produce a product which reacts with a probe to generate red color (λmax = 570 nm) and fluorescence (Ex/Em = 538/587 nm). Unlike picric acid assays, this kit is suitable for serum/plasma creatinine determinations, as well as for urine and other biological samples.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Creatinine is a breakdown product of creatine phosphate. Creatinine is produced and excreted at a constant rate, and blood creatinine is used to determine glomerular filtration rate (GFR), a measure of kidney function. Blood creatinine levels increase only in cases of significant (>75%) damage to nephrons. Creatinine clearance is frequently used as a means of standardizing excretion of other compounds such as isoprostanes.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Creatinase (Lyophilized) Blue 1 vial Creatininase (Lyophilized) Violet 1 vial Creatinine (10 µmol) (Lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial Creatinine Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Creatinine Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized) Green 1 vial Creatinine Probe in DMSO (200ul) 1 x 200µl
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65340 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Creatinine Assay Kit images
Creatinine Standard Curve using ab65340. (X-axis showing standard absolute amount in nmol)
References for Creatinine Assay Kit (ab65340)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yasuda K et al. Functional consequences of inhibiting exocytosis of Weibel-Palade bodies in acute renal ischemia. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F713-21 (2012). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22160777) »
- Rabadi MM et al. HMGB1 in renal ischemic injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 303:F873-85 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22759395) »