Anti-CtIP antibody (ab70162)
- Product nameAnti-CtIP antibodySee all CtIP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CtIP
- Tested applicationsIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan
A region between residues 525 and 575 of human CtIP (NP_002885.1).
- Positive control
- Whole cell lysate from MCF7 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70162 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Is unsuitable for WB.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionEndonuclease that cooperates with the MRE11-RAD50-NBN (MRN) complex in processing meiotic and mitotic double-strand breaks (DSBs) by ensuring both resection and intrachromosomal association of the broken ends. Functions downstream of the MRN complex and ATM, promotes ATR activation and its recruitment to DSBs in the S/G2 phase facilitating the generation of ssDNA. Component of the BRCA1-RBBP8 complex that regulates CHEK1 activation and controls cell cycle G2/M checkpoints on DNA damage. Promotes microhomology-mediated alternative end joining (A-NHEJ) during class-switch recombination and plays an essential role in chromosomal translocations.
- Involvement in diseaseSeckel syndrome 2 (SCKL2) [MIM:606744]: A rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by proportionate dwarfism of prenatal onset associated with low birth weight, growth retardation, severe microcephaly with a bird-headed like appearance, and mental retardation. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Jawad syndrome (JWDS) [MIM:251255]: A syndrome characterized by congenital microcephaly, moderately severe mental retardation, and symmetrical digital anomalies. Digital malformations of variable degree include hallux valgus, syndactyly of toes 4 and 5, short fifth fingers, single flexion crease of fifth fingers, polydactyly and synpolydactyly. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Note=Genetic variability in RBBP8 is noted as a factor in BRCA1-associated breast cancer risk. Exhibits sensitivity to tamoxifen in certain breast cancer cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the COM1/SAE2/CtIP family.
- DomainThe PXDLS motif binds to a cleft in CtBP proteins.
The damage-recruitment motif is required for DNA binding and translocation to sites of DNA damage.
modificationsAcetylated. Deacetylation by SIRT6 upon DNA damage promotes DNA end resection.
Hyperphosphorylation upon ionizing radiation results in dissociation from BRCA1. Phosphorylation at Thr-847 by CDK1 is essential for the recruitment to DNA and the DNA repair function. Phosphorylated on Ser-327 as cells enter G2 phase. This phosphorylation is required for binding BRCA1 and for the G2/M DNA damage transition checkpoint control.
Ubiquitinated. Ubiquitination at multiple sites by BRCA1 (via its N-terminal RING domain) does not lead to its proteosomal degradation but instead the ubiquitinated RBBP8 binds to chromatin following DNA damage and may play a role in G2/M checkpoint control.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Associates with sites of DNA damage in S/G2 phase. Ubiquitinated RBBP8 binds to chromatin following DNA damage.
- COM1 antibody
- COM1_HUMAN antibody
- CtBP interacting protein antibody
- CtBP-interacting protein antibody
- CtIP antibody
- DNA endonuclease RBBP8 antibody
- JWDS antibody
- RBBBP8 antibody
- RBBP-8 antibody
- RBBP8 antibody
- Retinoblastoma-binding protein 8 antibody
- Retinoblastoma-interacting protein and myosin-like antibody
- RIM antibody
- SAE2 antibody
- SCKL2 antibody
- Sporulation in the absence of SPO11 protein 2 homolog antibody
References for Anti-CtIP antibody (ab70162)
ab70162 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.