Anti-Cyclin A antibody [6E6] (ab16726)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number6E6
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16726 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/20 - 1/40.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. 1/100 - 1/500.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. 1/100 - 1/500.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) and the G2/M (mitosis) transitions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic when associated with SCAPER.
- CCN1 antibodyCCN1 antibodyCCNA antibody
- CCNA antibodyCCNA2 antibodyCCNA2_HUMAN antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin-A antibodyCyclin-A2 antibody
Anti-Cyclin A antibody [6E6] images
ab16726 staining human tonsil by IHC-P.
ICC/IF image of ab16726 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16726, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Cyclin A antibody [6E6] (ab16726)
This product has been referenced in:
- McMains E et al. Expression and Localization of CLC Chloride Transport Proteins in the Avian Retina. PLoS One 6:e17647 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21408174) »
- Lyman SK et al. High-content, high-throughput analysis of cell cycle perturbations induced by the HSP90 inhibitor XL888. PLoS One 6:e17692 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21408192) »