Anti-Cyclin A antibody [E23.1] (ab38)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin A antibody [E23.1]See all Cyclin A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [E23.1] to Cyclin A
- Tested applicationsICC, IHC-P, IHC-FoFr, WB, IP, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
Full length protein (Cow).
- Positive controlWB: Recombinant cyclin A This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal tonsil.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE23.1
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22802651|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) and the G2/M (mitosis) transitions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic when associated with SCAPER.
- CCN1 antibodyCCNA antibodyCcna2 antibody
- CCNA2_HUMAN antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin-A antibodyCyclin-A2 antibody
Anti-Cyclin A antibody [E23.1] images
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
Western Blot of Swiss 3T3 cells showing presence of cyclin A in rapidly dividing cells (1) but absent in quiesent cells (2). Recombinant cyclin A (3). Molecular weight markers 114, 98, 68, 57, 43 and 32 kD.
Julian Gannon, CRUK.
ICC/IF image of ab38 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab38, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Image-iTTM FX Signal Enhancer was used as the primary blocking agent, 5% BSA (in TBS-T) was used for all other blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red).
Immunoprecipitation using ab38 at 4µg/mg whole cell lysate diluted in RIPA buffer and incubated with Protein G matrix at 4°C for 12 hours.
This antibody can immunoprecipitate Cyclin A from both Human (293T) and Rat (PC12) cell extract. The species assigned as Cyclin A runs at ~55 kDa.
Lanes 1-3 = 293T
Lanes 4-6 = PC12
Lane 1: Cyclin A antibody IP
Lane 2: Control antibody IP
Lane 3: 293T whole cell lysate at 10%
Lane 4: Cyclin A antibody IP
Lane 5: Control antibody IP
Lane 6: PC12 whole cell lysate at 10%
The Western Blot antibody was ab38 at 2µg/ml
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin A antibody [E23.1] (ab38) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : U2OS (Hu) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T (Hu) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Cos-7 (AGMk) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : CHO (Hm) whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : PC12 (Rat) whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : 3T3 (Ms) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 64 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 6 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-Cyclin A antibody [E23.1] (ab38)
This product has been referenced in:
- Li VC et al. Gap 1 phase length and mouse embryonic stem cell self-renewal. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:12550-5 (2012). Flow Cyt . Read more (PubMed: 22802651) »
- He Z et al. Optimization of immunolocalization of cell cycle proteins in human corneal endothelial cells. Mol Vis 17:3494-511 (2011). IHC - Wholemount ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22219645) »