Anti-Cyclin A antibody [E67.1] (ab39)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin A antibody [E67.1]See all Cyclin A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [E67.1] to Cyclin A
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ICC, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human, African Green Monkey
Full length protein (Cow).
- EpitopeThe epitope for this antibody was mapped by phage selection - selected phage contained the sequence LDYP. This would place the epitope within the region spanning amino acids 144 - 148 of human Cyclin A2. Cyclin As that contain the epitope Cow A2 Human A2 Hamster A2 Mouse A2 Cyclin As that do not contain the epitope Chicken A2 Frog A2 Human A1 Mouse A1 Frog A1
- General notesFew other monoclonal antibodies other than E67.1 are able to immunoprecipitate active CDK/Cyclin A H1 kinase from such a wide range of species.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE67.1
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18077453|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) and the G2/M (mitosis) transitions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic when associated with SCAPER.
- CCN1 antibodyCCNA antibodyCCNA antibody
- CCNA2 antibodyCCNA2_HUMAN antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin-A antibodyCyclin-A2 antibody
Anti-Cyclin A antibody [E67.1] images
Cells at stages in the cell cycle from quiescence to mitosis (1-8) were loaded onto SDSPAGE and blotted with anti CDK2 antibody. Note all cells have similar amounts of CDK2. In the lower panel these same extracts were first immunoprecipitated with anti Cyclin A monoclonal E67. In these lanes, only the CDK2 that is complexed to Cyclin A is immunoblotted. Note only the CDK2 in the later stages of the cell cycle is immunoprecipitated, which is when Cyclin A is made, This clearly shows that this antibody is able to immunoprecipitate cyclin A when it is bound to CDK2.
ab39 at a 1/100 dilution staining Cyclin A in African Green Monkey COS-7 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.Cells were fixed in methanol and an Alexa-Fluor 555 conjugated anti-mouse secondary was used at a 1/3000 dilution.
References for Anti-Cyclin A antibody [E67.1] (ab39)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ge XQ & Blow JJ Chk1 inhibits replication factory activation but allows dormant origin firing in existing factories. J Cell Biol 191:1285-97 (2010). IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21173116) »
- Ho KK et al. Identification of cyclin A2 as the downstream effector of the nuclear phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate signaling network. J Biol Chem 283:5477-85 (2008). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 18077453) »