Anti-Cyclin A antibody (ab2097)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin A antibodySee all Cyclin A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin A
- SpecificityAntiserum will specifically react with a 60 kDa Cyclin A protein. No reaction was observed against other related cyclins.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
Fusion protein (Human).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Purification notesThis product was prepared from monospecific antiserum by delipidation and defibrination.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2097 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 18083977).
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/250 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) and the G2/M (mitosis) transitions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic when associated with SCAPER.
- CCN1 antibodyCCNA antibodyCCNA antibody
- CCNA2 antibodyCCNA2_HUMAN antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin A2 antibodyCyclin-A antibodyCyclin-A2 antibody
Anti-Cyclin A antibody images
ab2097, staining Cyclin A in rabbit vascular smooth muscle cells, by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were either untreated (left) or treated with 10 µM ceramide (right), fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 and incubated in blocking buffer (PBS, 2% skim milk, and 0.1% Tween-20) for 30 min at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1/50 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. An AlexaFluor®-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Cyclin A antibody (ab2097)
This product has been referenced in:
- Faustino RS et al. Ceramide regulation of nuclear protein import. J Lipid Res 49:654-62 (2008). ICC/IF ; Rabbit . Read more (PubMed: 18083977) »
- Rao HV et al. Cyclin D1, cdk4, and Bim are involved in thrombin-induced apoptosis in cultured cortical neurons. J Neurochem 101:498-505 (2007). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 17254021) »