Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V152] (ab72)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V152]See all Cyclin B1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [V152] to Cyclin B1
- SpecificityCyclin B1 expression is restricted to a specific short period of the cell cycle with cyclin B1 expression detected earlier and peaking in concentration before cyclin B2 expression.
- Tested applicationsSDS-PAGE, ICC/IF, IHC (PFA fixed), Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
His-tagged Hamster Cyclin B1 expressed in bacteria, harvested from inclusion bodies, extracted with 6M guanidine HCl and purified on Nickel beads.
- Positive control
- In Western Blot, this antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Daudi; K562; Jurkat; HEK293. In IHC, positive staining was observed in a Human Normal Tonsil formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberV152
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC (PFA fixed)||IHC (PFA fixed): 1/400.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).
Abcam recommends using 5% Milk as the blocking agent.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(NIPA) complex during interphase, leading to its destruction. Not ubiquitinated during G2/M phases.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome.
- CCNB 1 antibody
- CCNB antibody
- ccnb1 antibody
- CCNB1_HUMAN antibody
- G2 mitotic specific cyclin B1 antibody
- G2/mitotic-specific cyclin-B1 antibody
Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V152] images
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V152] (ab72) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Daudi (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab3951)
Lane 3 : K562 (Human erythromyeloblastoid leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 36 kDa,77 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
IHC image of ab72 staining in Human Normal Tonsil formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab72, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Lanes 1-9 shows the Cyclin B1 wave as HeLa cells enter and exit mitosis. HeLa cells were synchronised in the early S phase by double thymidine block then released to synchronously enter mitosis. Time points were taken at the points indicated.
HeLa whole cell lysate loaded at 25ug per lane. Ab72 used at 1/500 in reducing conditions in conjunction with goat anti mouse (HRP) 1/20000.
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted on 12 September 2005. We do not have any further information relating to this image.
References for Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V152] (ab72)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhou L et al. The role of RING box protein 1 in mouse oocyte meiotic maturation. PLoS One 8:e68964 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23874827) »
- Kumar S et al. Tumor dynamics in response to antiangiogenic therapy with oral metronomic topotecan and pazopanib in neuroblastoma xenografts. Transl Oncol 6:493-503 (2013). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23908692) »