Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V92.1] (ab18221)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V92.1]See all Cyclin B1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [V92.1] to Cyclin B1
- SpecificityV92.1 can immunoprecipitate active CDK1/cyclin B1 complexes.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Full length protein (Hamster).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberV92.1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18221 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(NIPA) complex during interphase, leading to its destruction. Not ubiquitinated during G2/M phases.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome.
- CCNB 1 antibody
- CCNB antibody
- CCNB1 antibody
- CCNB1_HUMAN antibody
- G2 mitotic specific cyclin B1 antibody
- G2/mitotic-specific cyclin-B1 antibody
Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V92.1] images
ICC/IF image of ab18221 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab18221, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody [V92.1] (ab18221)
This product has been referenced in:
- Garner AP et al. Delta MEKK3:ER* activation induces a p38 alpha/beta 2-dependent cell cycle arrest at the G2 checkpoint. Oncogene 21:8089-104 (2002). Read more (PubMed: 12444545) »
- Minemoto Y et al. Characterization of adriamycin-induced G2 arrest and its abrogation by caffeine in FL-amnion cells with or without p53. Exp Cell Res 262:37-48 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11120603) »