Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody (ab52187)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin B1 antibodySee all Cyclin B1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin B1
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total Cyclin B1 protein.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 111-150 of Human Cyclin B1.Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Cyclin B1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 126 (T-A-S-P-S).
- Positive controlExtracts from HeLa cells treated with serum.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52187 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 mg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(NIPA) complex during interphase, leading to its destruction. Not ubiquitinated during G2/M phases.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome.
- CCNB 1 antibodyCCNB antibodyCCNB1 antibody
- CCNB1_HUMAN antibodyG2 mitotic specific cyclin B1 antibodyG2/mitotic-specific cyclin-B1 antibody
Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody (ab52187) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells, treated with serum (10%, 15min)
Lane 2 : extracts from HeLa cells, treated with serum (10%, 15min) with blocking peptide
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 48 kDa
ab52187 (2µg/ml) staining Cyclin B1 in human placenta.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus ), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0 . Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
References for Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody (ab52187)
This product has been referenced in:
- Park JE et al. Direct quantification of polo-like kinase 1 activity in cells and tissues using a highly sensitive and specific ELISA assay. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1725-1730 (2009). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19181852) »