Anti-Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) antibody (ab55184)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) antibodySee all Cyclin B1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin B1 (phospho S126)
- Specificityab55184 detects endogenous levels of Cyclin B1 only when phosphorylated at serine 126.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Cyclin B1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 126 (T-A-SP-P-S).
- Positive controlhuman lung carcinoma tissue, extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, treated with EGF.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55184 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 19376971).
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(NIPA) complex during interphase, leading to its destruction. Not ubiquitinated during G2/M phases.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome.
- CCNB 1 antibodyCCNB antibodyCCNB1 antibody
- CCNB1_HUMAN antibodyG2 mitotic specific cyclin B1 antibodyG2/mitotic-specific cyclin-B1 antibody
Anti-Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) antibody (ab55184) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from NIH/3T3 cells treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 15mins).
Lane 2 : extracts from NIH/3T3 cells treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 15mins); ab36621 pre-incubated with the immunising phosphopeptide.
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 65 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) expression in paraffin embedded human lung carcinoma tissue using ab55184 at 1/50 dilution (left). Right hand panel represents a negative control where ab55184 was pre-incubated with the immunising (blocking) phosphopeptide.
References for Anti-Cyclin B1 (phospho S126) antibody (ab55184)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zheng P & Dean J Role of Filia, a maternal effect gene, in maintaining euploidy during cleavage-stage mouse embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7473-8 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19376971) »
- Enomoto M et al. Novel positive feedback loop between Cdk1 and Chk1 in the nucleus during G2/M transition. J Biol Chem 284:34223-30 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19837665) »