Anti-Cyclin B2 antibody [X121.10] (ab10839)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin B2 antibody [X121.10]See all Cyclin B2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [X121.10] to Cyclin B2
- Specificityab10839 blots only cyclin B2, but cross reacts strongly with two other proteins. However, these can easily be distinguished from cyclins since they are present in interphase extracts and run well below the cyclins on SDS PAGE gels.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Xenopus laevis
Full length native protein (purified) (Xenopus laevis).
- EpitopeThe epitope for X121 lies within a region spanning the amino acids 1-112.
- Positive control
- Xenopus egg extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPhosphate buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberX121.10
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10839 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
- ccnb2 antibody
- CCNB2_HUMAN antibody
- CycB2 antibody
- Cyclin B2 antibody
- G2 mitotic specific cyclin B2 antibody
- G2/mitotic specific cyclin B2 antibody
- G2/mitotic-specific cyclin-B2 antibody
- HsT17299 antibody
- MGC108931 antibody
- MGC140694 antibody
Anti-Cyclin B2 antibody [X121.10] images
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin B2 antibody [X121.10] (ab10839) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Interphase Xenopus egg extracts (cyclin B destroyed)
Lane 2 : Mitotic (CSF) Xenopus egg extracts (cyclin B present)
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 54 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 38 kDa (possible cross reactivity),40 kDa (possible cross reactivity).
References for Anti-Cyclin B2 antibody [X121.10] (ab10839)
This product has been referenced in:
- Moore JD et al. Identification of the nuclear localization signal in Xenopus cyclin E and analysis of its role in replication and mitosis. Mol Biol Cell 13:4388-400 (2002). Read more (PubMed: 12475960) »
- Bodart JF et al. Activation of Xenopus eggs by the kinase inhibitor 6-DMAP suggests a differential regulation of cyclin B and p39(mos) proteolysis. Exp Cell Res 253:413-21 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10585264) »