Anti-Cyclin C antibody (ab105046)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin C antibodySee all Cyclin C primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin C
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from the C terminal region of Human Cyclin C (NP_005181.2)
- Positive controlPancreatic islet cell tumor or skin squamous cell carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity purified using an epitope specific to Cyclin C immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Likely to work with frozen sections|
- FunctionComponent of the Mediator complex, a coactivator involved in regulated gene transcription of nearly all RNA polymerase II-dependent genes. Mediator functions as a bridge to convey information from gene-specific regulatory proteins to the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. Mediator is recruited to promoters by direct interactions with regulatory proteins and serves as a scaffold for the assembly of a functional preinitiation complex with RNA polymerase II and the general transcription factors. Binds to and activates cyclin-dependent kinase CDK8 that phosphorylates the CTD (C-terminal domain) of the large subunit of RNA polymerase II (RNAp II), which may inhibit the formation of a transcription initiation complex.
- Tissue specificityHighest levels in pancreas. High levels in heart, liver, skeletal muscle and kidney. Low levels in brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin C subfamily.
Contains 1 cyclin N-terminal domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ccnc antibodyCCNC_HUMAN antibodyCycC antibody
- Cyclin C antibodyCyclin-C antibodyhSRB11 antibodyOTTHUMP00000016897 antibodySRB11 homolog antibody
Anti-Cyclin C antibody images
ab105046 at 1/100 dilution staining Cyclin C in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human skin squamous cell carcinomatissue.
Detection: DAB staining.
ab105046 at 1/100 dilution staining Cyclin C in formalin-fixed, pParaffin-embedded Human pancreatic islet cell tumor tissue.
Detection: DAB staining.
References for Anti-Cyclin C antibody (ab105046)
ab105046 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.