Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [DCS-6] (ab10540)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin D1 antibody [DCS-6]See all Cyclin D1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DCS-6] to Cyclin D1
- SpecificityDoes not cross-react with other D-type cyclins.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-P, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Monkey
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDCS-6
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10540 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21895533|
|WB||WB: 1/200. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) transition.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of B-lymphocytic malignancy, particularly mantle-cell lymphoma (MCL). Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with immunoglobulin gene regions. Activation of CCND1 may be oncogenic by directly altering progression through the cell cycle.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of parathyroid adenomas. Translocation t(11;11)(q13;p15) with the parathyroid hormone (PTH) enhancer.
Defects in CCND1 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin D subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-286 by MAP kinases is required for ubiquitination and degradation following DNA damage. It probably plays an essential role for recognition by the FBXO31 component of SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex.
Ubiquitinated, primarily as 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination. Ubiquitinated by a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) ubiquitin-protein ligase complex containing FBXO4 and CRYAB (By similarity). Following DNA damage it is ubiquitinated by some SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex containing FBXO31. Ubiquitination leads to its degradation and G1 arrest. Deubiquitinated by USP2; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AI327039 antibodyB cell ccl/lymphoma 1 antibodyB cell CLL/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibodyB cell leukemia 1 antibodyB cell lymphoma 1 protein antibodyB-cell lymphoma 1 protein antibodyBCL 1 antibodyBCL-1 antibodyBCL-1 oncogene antibodyBCL1 antibodyBCL1 oncogene antibodyCCND 1 antibodyCCND1 antibodyCCND1 protein antibodyCCND1/FSTL3 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene antibodyCCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/IGLC1 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/PTH fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1_HUMAN antibodycD1 antibodyCyl 1 antibodyD11S287E antibodyG1/S specific cyclin D1 antibodyG1/S-specific cyclin-D1 antibodyParathyroid adenomatosis 1 antibodyPRAD1 antibodyPRAD1 oncogene antibodyU21B31 antibody
Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [DCS-6] images
ICC/IF image of ab10540 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab10540, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [DCS-6] (ab10540)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mastroyiannopoulos NP et al. Down-regulation of myogenin can reverse terminal muscle cell differentiation. PLoS One 7:e29896 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22235349) »
- Kabadi SV et al. Cyclin D1 Gene Ablation Confers Neuroprotection in Traumatic Brain Injury. J Neurotrauma : (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21895533) »