Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [SP4] (ab16663)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin D1 antibody [SP4]See all Cyclin D1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP4] to Cyclin D1
- Tested applicationsICC, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide (Human) (C terminal).
- Positive controlBreast carcinomas
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSP4
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16663 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/200. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) transition.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of B-lymphocytic malignancy, particularly mantle-cell lymphoma (MCL). Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with immunoglobulin gene regions. Activation of CCND1 may be oncogenic by directly altering progression through the cell cycle.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of parathyroid adenomas. Translocation t(11;11)(q13;p15) with the parathyroid hormone (PTH) enhancer.
Defects in CCND1 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin D subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-286 by MAP kinases is required for ubiquitination and degradation following DNA damage. It probably plays an essential role for recognition by the FBXO31 component of SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex.
Ubiquitinated, primarily as 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination. Ubiquitinated by a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) ubiquitin-protein ligase complex containing FBXO4 and CRYAB (By similarity). Following DNA damage it is ubiquitinated by some SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex containing FBXO31. Ubiquitination leads to its degradation and G1 arrest. Deubiquitinated by USP2; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AI327039 antibodyB cell ccl/lymphoma 1 antibodyB cell CLL/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibodyB cell leukemia 1 antibodyB cell lymphoma 1 protein antibodyB-cell lymphoma 1 protein antibodyBCL 1 antibodyBCL-1 antibodyBCL-1 oncogene antibodyBCL1 antibodyBCL1 oncogene antibodyCCND 1 antibodyCCND1 antibodyCCND1 protein antibodyCCND1/FSTL3 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene antibodyCCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/IGLC1 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/PTH fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1_HUMAN antibodycD1 antibodyCyl 1 antibodyD11S287E antibodyG1/S specific cyclin D1 antibodyG1/S-specific cyclin-D1 antibodyParathyroid adenomatosis 1 antibodyPRAD1 antibodyPRAD1 oncogene antibodyU21B31 antibody
Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [SP4] images
Human mantle cell lymphoma stained with ab16663.
Lane 1 : Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [SP4] (ab16663) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 2 : Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [SP4] (ab16663) at 1/400 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate prepared from T24 bladder cancer cells
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate prepared from T24 bladder cancer cells
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
Goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to HRP at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 33 kDa
Exposure time : 10 minutes
Image kindly supplied by Dr Karin Birkenkamp-Demtroeder through Abreview
ab16663 staining Cyclin D1 in Human urinary tract tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 10% BSA for 30 minutes at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS) for 1 hour. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [SP4] (ab16663) at 1/25 dilution + MCF7 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 33 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of mouse testis tissue, staining Cyclin D1 with ab16663.
Antigen retrieval was performed via Tris-EDTA buffer. Sections were blocked with 3% BSA and incubated with primary antibody (1/50) overnight at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®594-conjugated secondary antibody was used to detect staining.
References for Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody [SP4] (ab16663)
This product has been referenced in:
- Patel VA et al. Recognition-dependent Signaling Events in Response to Apoptotic Targets Inhibit Epithelial Cell Viability by Multiple Mechanisms: IMPLICATIONS FOR NON-IMMUNE TISSUE HOMEOSTASIS. J Biol Chem 287:13761-77 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22396534) »
- McIver SC et al. A unique combination of male germ cell miRNAs coordinates gonocyte differentiation. PLoS One 7:e35553 (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22536405) »