Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody (ab61758)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin D1 antibodySee all Cyclin D1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin D1
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Cyclin D1 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 286.
- Positive control
- Jurkat cell extract, treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins), human brain tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61758 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detect bands of approximately 31 and 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) transition.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of B-lymphocytic malignancy, particularly mantle-cell lymphoma (MCL). Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with immunoglobulin gene regions. Activation of CCND1 may be oncogenic by directly altering progression through the cell cycle.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of parathyroid adenomas. Translocation t(11;11)(q13;p15) with the parathyroid hormone (PTH) enhancer.
Defects in CCND1 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin D subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-286 by MAP kinases is required for ubiquitination and degradation following DNA damage. It probably plays an essential role for recognition by the FBXO31 component of SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex.
Ubiquitinated, primarily as 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination. Ubiquitinated by a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) ubiquitin-protein ligase complex containing FBXO4 and CRYAB (By similarity). Following DNA damage it is ubiquitinated by some SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex containing FBXO31. Ubiquitination leads to its degradation and G1 arrest. Deubiquitinated by USP2; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AI327039 antibody
- B cell ccl/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell CLL/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibody
- B cell lymphoma 1 protein antibody
- B-cell lymphoma 1 protein antibody
- BCL 1 antibody
- BCL-1 antibody
- BCL-1 oncogene antibody
- BCL1 antibody
- BCL1 oncogene antibody
- CCND 1 antibody
- CCND1 antibody
- CCND1 protein antibody
- CCND1/FSTL3 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene antibody
- CCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/IGLC1 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/PTH fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1_HUMAN antibody
- cD1 antibody
- Cyl 1 antibody
- D11S287E antibody
- G1/S specific cyclin D1 antibody
- G1/S-specific cyclin-D1 antibody
- Parathyroid adenomatosis 1 antibody
- PRAD1 antibody
- PRAD1 oncogene antibody
- U21B31 antibody
Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody images
Human brain tissue stained with ab61758 at 1/50 dilution, with and without the immunising peptide.
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody (ab61758) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extract from Jurkat cells, treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins).
Lane 2 : extract from Jurkat cells, treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins), and the immunising peptide.
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 31 kDa
Additional bands at : 21 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody (ab61758)
This product has been referenced in:
- Guo T et al. ISL1 promotes pancreatic islet cell proliferation. PLoS One 6:e22387 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21829621) »
- Sáinz N et al. Leptin administration favors muscle mass accretion by decreasing FoxO3a and increasing PGC-1alpha in ob/ob mice. PLoS One 4:e6808 (2009). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19730740) »