Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody (ab95281)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin D1 antibodySee all Cyclin D1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin D1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Chinese Hamster, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 to the C-terminus of Human Cyclin D1.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: T24/83; MCF7; SHSY-5Y; U-87 MG.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95281 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) transition.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of B-lymphocytic malignancy, particularly mantle-cell lymphoma (MCL). Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with immunoglobulin gene regions. Activation of CCND1 may be oncogenic by directly altering progression through the cell cycle.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of parathyroid adenomas. Translocation t(11;11)(q13;p15) with the parathyroid hormone (PTH) enhancer.
Defects in CCND1 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin D subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-286 by MAP kinases is required for ubiquitination and degradation following DNA damage. It probably plays an essential role for recognition by the FBXO31 component of SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex.
Ubiquitinated, primarily as 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination. Ubiquitinated by a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) ubiquitin-protein ligase complex containing FBXO4 and CRYAB (By similarity). Following DNA damage it is ubiquitinated by some SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex containing FBXO31. Ubiquitination leads to its degradation and G1 arrest. Deubiquitinated by USP2; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 524530 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 449028 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 12443 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 58919 Rat
- Omim: 168461 Human
- SwissProt: Q2KI22 Cow
- SwissProt: Q64HP0 Dog
- SwissProt: P24385 Human
- SwissProt: P25322 Mouse
- SwissProt: P39948 Rat
- Unigene: 523852 Human
- Unigene: 667996 Human
- Unigene: 273049 Mouse
- Unigene: 22279 Rat
- AI327039 antibodyB cell CLL/lymphoma 1 antibodyB cell leukemia 1 antibody
- B cell lymphoma 1 protein antibodyB-cell CLL/lymphoma 1 antibodyB-cell leukemia 1 antibodyB-cell lymphoma 1 protein antibodyBCL 1 antibodyBCL-1 antibodyBCL-1 oncogene antibodyBCL1 antibodyBCL1 oncogene antibodyCCND1 antibodyCCND1/FSTL3 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/IGLC1 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/PTH fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1_HUMAN antibodycD1 antibodyCyclin D1 antibodyCyl 1 antibodyCyl-1 antibodyD11S287E antibodyG1/S specific cyclin D1 antibodyG1/S-specific cyclin-D1 antibodyMGC137744 antibodyParathyroid adenomatosis 1 antibodyPRAD1 antibodyPRAD1 oncogene antibodyU21B31 antibody
Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody (ab95281) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : T24/83 (Human bladder carcinoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : U-87 MG (Human glioblastoma astrocytoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa
Additional bands at : 140 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 10 minutes
References for Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody (ab95281)
ab95281 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.