Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody, prediluted (ab15196)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin D1 antibody, predilutedSee all Cyclin D1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin D1, prediluted
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide (unfortunately, the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) (Human) (C terminal).
- Positive controlBreast carcinoma and mantle cell lymphoma.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50mM Tris, pH 7.6
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15196 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17335794|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa. PubMed: 20802155|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) transition.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of B-lymphocytic malignancy, particularly mantle-cell lymphoma (MCL). Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with immunoglobulin gene regions. Activation of CCND1 may be oncogenic by directly altering progression through the cell cycle.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of parathyroid adenomas. Translocation t(11;11)(q13;p15) with the parathyroid hormone (PTH) enhancer.
Defects in CCND1 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin D subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-286 by MAP kinases is required for ubiquitination and degradation following DNA damage. It probably plays an essential role for recognition by the FBXO31 component of SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex.
Ubiquitinated, primarily as 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination. Ubiquitinated by a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) ubiquitin-protein ligase complex containing FBXO4 and CRYAB (By similarity). Following DNA damage it is ubiquitinated by some SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex containing FBXO31. Ubiquitination leads to its degradation and G1 arrest. Deubiquitinated by USP2; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AI327039 antibodyB cell ccl/lymphoma 1 antibodyB cell CLL/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibodyB cell leukemia 1 antibodyB cell lymphoma 1 protein antibodyB-cell lymphoma 1 protein antibodyBCL 1 antibodyBCL-1 antibodyBCL-1 oncogene antibodyBCL1 antibodyBCL1 oncogene antibodyCCND 1 antibodyCCND1 antibodyCCND1 protein antibodyCCND1/FSTL3 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene antibodyCCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/IGLC1 fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1/PTH fusion gene, included antibodyCCND1_HUMAN antibodycD1 antibodyCyl 1 antibodyD11S287E antibodyG1/S specific cyclin D1 antibodyG1/S-specific cyclin-D1 antibodyParathyroid adenomatosis 1 antibodyPRAD1 antibodyPRAD1 oncogene antibodyU21B31 antibody
Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody, prediluted images
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded Human Mantle Cell Lymphoma, staining Cyclin D1 with ab15196.
Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody, prediluted (ab15196) at 1/25 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 36 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen murine uterus tissue, taken on post-natal day 7. Cyclin D1 (green) was stained using ab15196.
Sections were stained with primary antibody (as supplied) for 1 hour at room temperature before incubation with a FITC-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Cyclin D1 antibody, prediluted (ab15196)
This product has been referenced in:
- Shelton DN et al. The role of LEF1 in endometrial gland formation and carcinogenesis. PLoS One 7:e40312 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22792274) »
- Liu X et al. Sox17 modulates Wnt3A/beta-catenin-mediated transcriptional activation of the Lef-1 promoter. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L694-710 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20802155) »