Anti-Cyclin D1 (phospho T286) antibody (ab62151)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin D1 (phospho T286) antibodySee all Cyclin D1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin D1 (phospho T286)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of Cyclin D1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 286
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Cyclin D1 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 286 (A-C-TP-P-T).
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62151 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) transition.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of B-lymphocytic malignancy, particularly mantle-cell lymphoma (MCL). Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with immunoglobulin gene regions. Activation of CCND1 may be oncogenic by directly altering progression through the cell cycle.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of parathyroid adenomas. Translocation t(11;11)(q13;p15) with the parathyroid hormone (PTH) enhancer.
Defects in CCND1 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin D subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-286 by MAP kinases is required for ubiquitination and degradation following DNA damage. It probably plays an essential role for recognition by the FBXO31 component of SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex.
Ubiquitinated, primarily as 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination. Ubiquitinated by a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) ubiquitin-protein ligase complex containing FBXO4 and CRYAB (By similarity). Following DNA damage it is ubiquitinated by some SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex containing FBXO31. Ubiquitination leads to its degradation and G1 arrest. Deubiquitinated by USP2; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AI327039 antibody
- B cell ccl/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell CLL/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibody
- B cell lymphoma 1 protein antibody
- B-cell lymphoma 1 protein antibody
- BCL 1 antibody
- BCL-1 antibody
- BCL-1 oncogene antibody
- BCL1 antibody
- BCL1 oncogene antibody
- CCND 1 antibody
- CCND1 antibody
- CCND1 protein antibody
- CCND1/FSTL3 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene antibody
- CCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/IGLC1 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/PTH fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1_HUMAN antibody
- cD1 antibody
- Cyl 1 antibody
- D11S287E antibody
- G1/S specific cyclin D1 antibody
- G1/S-specific cyclin-D1 antibody
- Parathyroid adenomatosis 1 antibody
- PRAD1 antibody
- PRAD1 oncogene antibody
- U21B31 antibody
Anti-Cyclin D1 (phospho T286) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin D1 (phospho T286) antibody (ab62151) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from Jurkat cells treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins)
Lane 2 : Extracts from Jurkat cells treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins) with immunizing phosphopeptide
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 31 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Cyclin D1 (phospho T286) antibody (ab62151)
This product has been referenced in:
- Biggar KK & Storey KB Evidence for cell cycle suppression and microRNA regulation of cyclin D1 during anoxia exposure in turtles. Cell Cycle 11:1705-13 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22510561) »