Anti-Cyclin D2 antibody (ab79482)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin D2 antibodySee all Cyclin D2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin D2
- Specificityab79482 detects endogenous levels of total Cyclin D2 protein
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Cyclin D2 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 280 (ASTPPT)
- Positive control
- Exracts from 293 cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79482 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.|
- FunctionRegulatory component of the cyclin D2-CDK4 (DC) complex that phosphorylates and inhibits members of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein family including RB1 and regulates the cell-cycle during G(1)/S transition. Phosphorylation of RB1 allows dissociation of the transcription factor E2F from the RB/E2F complex and the subsequent transcription of E2F target genes which are responsible for the progression through the G(1) phase. Hypophosphorylates RB1 in early G(1) phase. Cyclin D-CDK4 complexes are major integrators of various mitogenenic and antimitogenic signals. Also substrate for SMAD3, phosphorylating SMAD3 in a cell-cycle-dependent manner and repressing its transcriptional activity. Component of the ternary complex, cyclin D2/CDK4/CDKN1B, required for nuclear translocation and activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin D subfamily.
Contains 1 cyclin N-terminal domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Membrane. Cyclin D-CDK4 complexes accumulate at the nuclear membrane and are then translocated into the nucleus through interaction with KIP/CIP family members.
- CCND 2 antibody
- CCND2 antibody
- CCND2_HUMAN antibody
- CyclinD2 antibody
- G1/S specific cyclin D2 antibody
- G1/S-specific cyclin-D2 antibody
- KIAK0002 antibody
- MGC102758 antibody
Anti-Cyclin D2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Cyclin D2 antibody (ab79482) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from 293 cells
Lane 2 : extracts from 293 cells with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 43 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Cyclin D2 antibody (ab79482)
ab79482 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.