- Product nameCycloheximide
- DescriptionProtein synthesis inhibitor
- Biological descriptionProtein synthesis inhibitor. Antifungal antibiotic.
- Purity> 98%
- Chemical name3-[2-(3,5-Dimethyl-2-oxocyclohexyl)-2-hydroxyethyl]glutarimide
- Molecular Weight281.35
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC15H23NO4
- CAS Number66-81-9
- PubChem identifier6197
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 25 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Cycloheximide (ab120093)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mattson MP & Furukawa K Anti-apoptotic actions of cycloheximide: blockade of programmed cell death or induction of programmed cell life? Apoptosis 2:257-64 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 14646539) »
- Gokal PK et al. The effects of cycloheximide upon transcription of rRNA, 5 S RNA, and tRNA genes. J Biol Chem 261:2536-41 (1986). Read more (PubMed: 2419318) »
- Satav JG et al. Study of protein synthesis in rat liver mitochondria use of cycloheximide. Eur J Biochem 73:287-96 (1977). Read more (PubMed: 837942) »