Anti-Cystatin C antibody (ab2516)
- Product nameAnti-Cystatin C antibodySee all Cystatin C primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Cystatin C
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide: GTHSLTKFSCKNA, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 128-140 of mouse Cystatin C(Peptide available as ab22916.)
- Positive control
- Mouse kidney lysate. Mouse testis lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2516 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.03 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa).Can be blocked with Cystatin C peptide (128-140) (ab22916).|
- FunctionAs an inhibitor of cysteine proteinases, this protein is thought to serve an important physiological role as a local regulator of this enzyme activity.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in submandibular and sublingual saliva but not in parotid saliva (at protein level). Expressed in various body fluids, such as the cerebrospinal fluid and plasma. Expressed in highest levels in the epididymis, vas deferens, brain, thymus, and ovary and the lowest in the submandibular gland.
- Involvement in diseaseAmyloidosis 6
Age-related macular degeneration 11
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cystatin family.
modificationsThe Thr-25 variant is O-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan. The signal peptide of the O-glycosylated Thr-25 variant is cleaved between Ala-20 and Val-21.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- AD 8 antibody
- AD8 antibody
- Amyloid angiopathy and cerebral hemorrhage antibody
- ARMD11 antibody
- bA218C14.4 (cystatin C) antibody
- bA218C14.4 antibody
- Cst 3 antibody
- Cst3 antibody
- CST3 protein antibody
- Cystatin 3 antibody
- Cystatin-3 antibody
- Cystatin-C antibody
- Cystatin3 antibody
- CystatinC antibody
- CYTC_HUMAN antibody
- Gamma trace antibody
- Gamma-trace antibody
- HCCAA antibody
- MGC117328 antibody
- Neuroendocrine basic polypeptide antibody
- Post gamma globulin antibody
- Post-gamma-globulin antibody
Anti-Cystatin C antibody images
Anti-Cystatin C antibody (ab2516) at 0.01 µg/ml + mouse testis lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 16 kDa
Observed band size : 18 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Primary incubated for 1 hour.
References for Anti-Cystatin C antibody (ab2516)
ab2516 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.