Anti-Cytokeratin 10 antibody [LH2] (ab20208)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberLH2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20208 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. LH2 does not react with any tumour tissue regardless of histological classification. LH2 is monospecific and has high affinity.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- Tissue specificitySeen in all suprabasal cell layers including stratum corneum.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT10 are a cause of bullous congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma (BCIE) [MIM:113800]; also known as epidermolytic hyperkeratosis (EHK) or bullous erythroderma ichthyosiformis congenita of Brocq. BCIE is an autosomal dominant skin disorder characterized by widespread blistering and an ichthyotic erythroderma at birth that persist into adulthood. Histologically there is a diffuse epidermolytic degeneration in the lower spinous layer of the epidermis. Within a few weeks from birth, erythroderma and blister formation diminish and hyperkeratoses develop.
Defects in KRT10 are a cause of ichthyosis annular epidermolytic (AEI) [MIM:607602]; also known as cyclic ichthyosis with epidermolytic hyperkeratosis. AEI is a skin disorder resembling bullous congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma. Affected individuals present with bullous ichthyosis in early childhood and hyperkeratotic lichenified plaques in the flexural areas and extensor surfaces at later ages. The feature that distinguishes AEI from BCIE is dramatic episodes of flares of annular polycyclic plaques with scale, which coalesce to involve most of the body surface and can persist for several weeks or even months.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- BCIE antibody
- BIE antibody
- CK 10 antibody
- CK-10 antibody
- ck10 antibody
- Cytokeratin 10 antibody
- Cytokeratin-10 antibody
- Cytokeratin10 antibody
- EHK antibody
- k10 antibody
- K1C10_HUMAN antibody
- Keratin 10 antibody
- Keratin antibody
- Keratin type i cytoskeletal 10 antibody
- Keratin type I cytoskeletal 59 kDa antibody
- Keratin-10 antibody
- Keratin10 antibody
- kpp antibody
- Krt 10 antibody
- KRT10 antibody
- krt10 antibody
- type I cytoskeletal 10 antibody
Anti-Cytokeratin 10 antibody [LH2] images
Overlay histogram showing A431 cells stained with ab20208 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab20208, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Ab20208 staining Human normal skin. Staining is localised to cytoplasmic compartment.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
References for Anti-Cytokeratin 10 antibody [LH2] (ab20208)
This product has been referenced in:
- Barrott JJ et al. Deletion of mouse Porcn blocks Wnt ligand secretion and reveals an ectodermal etiology of human focal dermal hypoplasia/Goltz syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:12752-7 (2011). IHC ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21768372) »
- Reichelt J et al. Out of balance: consequences of a partial keratin 10 knockout. J Cell Sci 110 ( Pt 18):2175-86 (1997). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 9378767) »