Anti-Cytokeratin 14 antibody [SP53] (ab119695)
- Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 14 antibody [SP53]See all Cytokeratin 14 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP53] to Cytokeratin 14
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to C-terminus of Human Cytokeratin 14.
- Positive controlA431 cell lysate, Human Skin, squamous cell carcinoma or prostate tissues
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 98% PBS, 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSP53
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119695 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/25. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
- FunctionThe nonhelical tail domain is involved in promoting KRT5-KRT14 filaments to self-organize into large bundles and enhances the mechanical properties involved in resilience of keratin intermediate filaments in vitro.
- Tissue specificityDetected in the basal layer, lowered within the more apically located layers specifically in the stratum spinosum, stratum granulosum but is not detected in stratum corneum. Strongly expressed in the outer root sheath of anagen follicles but not in the germinative matrix, inner root sheath or hair. Found in keratinocytes surrounding the club hair during telogen.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT14 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Dowling-Meara type (DM-EBS) [MIM:131760]. DM-EBS is a severe form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by generalized herpetiform blistering, milia formation, dystrophic nails, and mucous membrane involvement.
Defects in KRT14 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Weber-Cockayne type (WC-EBS) [MIM:131800]. WC-EBS is a form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by blistering limited to palmar and plantar areas of the skin.
Defects in KRT14 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Koebner type (K-EBS) [MIM:131900]. K-EBS is a form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by generalized skin blistering. The phenotype is not fundamentally distinct from the Dowling-Meara type, although it is less severe.
Defects in KRT14 are the cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex autosomal recessive (AREBS) [MIM:601001]. AREBS is an intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by localized blistering on the dorsal, lateral and plantar surfaces of the feet.
Defects in KRT14 are the cause of Naegeli-Franceschetti-Jadassohn syndrome (NFJS) [MIM:161000]; also known as Naegeli syndrome. NFJS is a rare autosomal dominant form of ectodermal dysplasia. The cardinal features are absence of dermatoglyphics (fingerprints), reticular cutaneous hyperpigmentation (starting at about the age of 2 years without a preceding inflammatory stage), palmoplantar keratoderma, hypohidrosis with diminished sweat gland function and discomfort provoked by heat, nail dystrophy, and tooth enamel defects.
Defects in KRT14 are the cause of dermatopathia pigmentosa reticularis (DPR) [MIM:125595]. DPR is a rare ectodermal dysplasia characterized by lifelong persistent reticulate hyperpigmentation, noncicatricial alopecia, and nail dystrophy.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Expressed in both as a filamentous pattern.
- CK 14 antibodyCK-14 antibodyck14 antibody
- Cytokeratin 14 antibodyCytokeratin-14 antibodyCytokeratin14 antibodyDowling Meara antibodyebs3 antibodyebs4 antibodyEpidermolysis bullosa simplex antibodyK14 antibodyK1C14_HUMAN antibodyKeratin 14 (epidermolysis bullosa simplex, Dowling-Meara, Koebner) antibodyKeratin 14 antibodyKeratin antibodyKeratin type I cytoskeletal 14 antibodyKeratin-14 antibodyKeratin14 antibodyKoebner antibodyKrt 14 antibodyKrt14 antibodyNFJ antibodyOTTHUMP00000164624 antibodytype I cytoskeletal 14 antibody
Anti-Cytokeratin 14 antibody [SP53] images
Anti-Cytokeratin 14 antibody [SP53] (ab119695) at 1/25 dilution + A431 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Human prostate tissue stained with ab119695 at a dilution of 1/100.
References for Anti-Cytokeratin 14 antibody [SP53] (ab119695)
ab119695 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.