Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DC-10] (FITC) (ab72813)
- Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DC-10] (FITC)See all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DC-10] to Cytokeratin 18 (FITC)
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human breast carcinoma cell line PMC-42.
- Positive controlIF/ICC: HCT116 cell line.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C in the dark. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PuritySize exclusion
- Purification notesThe purified antibody is conjugated with Fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) under optimum conditions. The reagent is free of unconjugated FITC.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDC-10
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72813 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibodyCell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibodyCell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- CK 18 antibodyCK-18 antibodyCK18 antibodyCYK 18 antibodyCYK18 antibodyCytokeratin 18 antibodyCytokeratin endo B antibodyCytokeratin-18 antibodyCytokeratin18 antibodyK 18 antibodyK18 antibodyK1C18_HUMAN antibodyKeratin 18 antibodyKeratin D antibodyKeratin type I cytoskeletal 18 antibodykeratin, type I cytoskeletal 18 antibodyKeratin-18 antibodyKeratin18 antibodyKerd antibodyKRT18 antibody
Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DC-10] (FITC) images
Overlay histogram showing MCF-7 cells stained with ab72813 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab72813, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 (FITC) (2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ICC/IF image of ab72813 stained HCT116 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab72813, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DC-10] (FITC) (ab72813)
ab72813 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.