Anti-Cytokeratin 18 (phospho S52) antibody (ab63393)
- Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 18 (phospho S52) antibodySee all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytokeratin 18 (phospho S52)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of Cytokeratin 18 only when phosphorylated at serine 52.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Cytokeratin 18 around the phosphorylation site of serine 52 (STSPFR)
- Positive control
- Hela cells and extracts from HepG2 cells
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg+2 and Ca+2), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63393 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500 - 1/1000.|
- FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- CK 18 antibody
- CK-18 antibody
- CK18 antibody
- CYK 18 antibody
- CYK18 antibody
- Cytokeratin 18 antibody
- Cytokeratin endo B antibody
- Cytokeratin-18 antibody
- K 18 antibody
- K18 antibody
- K1C18_HUMAN antibody
- Keratin 18 antibody
- Keratin D antibody
- keratin, type I cytoskeletal 18 antibody
- Keratin-18 antibody
- Krt18 antibody
Anti-Cytokeratin 18 (phospho S52) antibody images
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells, using ab63393 at a 1:500 dilution.
Left image untreated.Right image treated with phospho peptide.
All lanes : Anti-Cytokeratin 18 (phospho S52) antibody (ab63393) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HepG2 cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from HepG2 cells plus phospho peptide
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 48 kDa
References for Anti-Cytokeratin 18 (phospho S52) antibody (ab63393)
ab63393 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.