Anti-Cytokeratin 5 + 14 antibody [LH8] (ab20203)
- Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 5 + 14 antibody [LH8]See all Cytokeratin 5 + 14 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [LH8] to Cytokeratin 5 + 14
- SpecificityDetected in the basal layer, lowered within the more apically located layers specifically in the stratum spinosum, stratum granulosum but is not detected in stratum corneum. Strongly expressed in the outer root sheath of anagen follicles but not in the germinative matrix, inner root sheath or hair. Found in keratinocytes surrounding the club hair during telogen.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
The 50,000 Mr band (including K14 )cut from an SDS-polyacrylamide gel and Triton X-100 extracted cytoskeleton pellet from cultured human foreskin keratinocytes.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberLH8
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20203 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceCytokeratins (CK) are intermediate filaments of epithelial cells, both in keratinizing tissue (ie., skin) and non keratinizing cells (i.e. mesothelial cells). Although not a traditional marker for endothelial cells, cytokeratins have also been found in some microvascular endothelial cells. Atleast 20 different cytokeratins (CK) in the molecular range of 40-70 kDa and isoelectric points of 5-8.5 can be identified using two dimensional gel electrophoresis. Biochemically, most members of the CK family fall into one of two classes, type I (acidic polypeptides) and type II (basic polypeptides). At least one member of the acidic family and one member of the basic family is expressed in all epithelial cells.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic; Basal layer
- 58 kDa cytokeratin antibodyCK 14 antibodyCK 5 antibody
- ck14 antibodyck5 antibodyCytokeratin 14 antibodyCytokeratin 5 antibodyCytokeratin14 antibodyCytokeratin5 antibodyDDD antibodyEbs 2 antibodyEbs 3 antibodyEbs 4 antibodyEbs2 antibodyebs3 antibodyebs4 antibodyEpidermolysis bullosa simplex Dowling Meara Koebner antibodyEpidermolysis bullosa simplex Dowling Meara/Kobner/Weber Cockayne types antibodyk14 antibodyk5 antibodyKeratin 14 antibodyKeratin 5 antibodyKeratin type I cytoskeletal 14 antibodyKeratin type II cytoskeletal 5 antibodyKeratin14 antibodyKeratin5 antibodyKrt 14 antibodyKrt 5 antibodykrt14 antibodykrt5 antibodyKrt5A antibody
References for Anti-Cytokeratin 5 + 14 antibody [LH8] (ab20203)
This product has been referenced in:
- Prince ME et al. Identification of a subpopulation of cells with cancer stem cell properties in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:973-8 (2007). IHC-Fr ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 17210912) »