Anti-Cytokeratin 5 antibody [SP27] - Carboxyterminal end (ab64081)
- Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 5 antibody [SP27] - Carboxyterminal endSee all Cytokeratin 5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP27] to Cytokeratin 5 - Carboxyterminal end
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptides from C terminus of human keratin 5 protein.
- Positive controlHuman mesothelioma
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSP27
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64081 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100. Incubate for 30 min at room temperature. Staining of formalin fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 min.|
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT5 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Dowling-Meara type (DM-EBS) [MIM:131760]. DM-EBS is a severe form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by generalized herpetiform blistering, milia formation, dystrophic nails, and mucous membrane involvement.
Defects in KRT5 are the cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex with migratory circinate erythema (EBSMCE) [MIM:609352]. EBSMCE is a form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by unusual migratory circinate erythema. Skin lesions appear from birth primarily on the hands, feet, and legs but spare nails, ocular epithelia and mucosae. Lesions heal with brown pigmentation but no scarring. Electron microscopy findings are distinct from those seen in the DM-EBS, with no evidence of tonofilament clumping.
Defects in KRT5 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Weber-Cockayne type (WC-EBS) [MIM:131800]. WC-EBS is a form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by blistering limited to palmar and plantar areas of the skin.
Defects in KRT5 are a cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex Koebner type (K-EBS) [MIM:131900]. K-EBS is a form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by generalized skin blistering. The phenotype is not fundamentally distinct from the Dowling-Meara type, althought it is less severe.
Defects in KRT5 are the cause of epidermolysis bullosa simplex with mottled pigmentation (MP-EBS) [MIM:131960]. MP-EBS is a form of intraepidermal epidermolysis bullosa characterized by blistering at acral sites and 'mottled' pigmentation of the trunk and proximal extremities with hyper- and hypopigmentation macules.
Defects in KRT5 are the cause of Dowling-Degos disease (DDD) [MIM:179850]; also known as Dowling-Degos-Kitamura disease or reticulate acropigmentation of Kitamura. DDD is an autosomal dominant genodermatosis. Affected individuals develop a postpubertal reticulate hyperpigmentation that is progressive and disfiguring, and small hyperkeratotic dark brown papules that affect mainly the flexures and great skin folds. Patients usually show no abnormalities of the hair or nails.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- 58 kDa cytokeratin antibodyCK 5 antibodyCK-5 antibody
- CK5 antibodyCytokeratin-5 antibodyCytokeratin5 antibodyDDD antibodyEBS 2 antibodyEBS2 antibodyepidermolysis bullosa simplex 2 Dowling-Meara/Kobner/Weber-Cockayne types antibodyK2C5_HUMAN antibodyK5 antibodyKeratin 5 (epidermolysis bullosa simplex Dowling Meara/Kobner/Weber Cockayne types) antibodykeratin 5 (epidermolysis bullosa simplex, Dowling-Meara/Kobner/Weber-Cockayne types) antibodyKeratin 5 antibodyKeratin antibodykeratin complex 2, basic, gene 5 antibodyKeratin Type II Cytoskeletal 5 antibodykeratin, type II cytoskeletal 5 antibodyKeratin-5 antibodyKeratin5 antibodyKRT 5 antibodyKRT 5A antibodyKRT5 antibodyKRT5A antibodytype II cytoskeletal 5 antibodyType-II keratin Kb5 antibody
Anti-Cytokeratin 5 antibody [SP27] - Carboxyterminal end images
Immunohistochemical analysis of Cytokeratin 5 expression in formalin fixed paraffin embedded human mesothelioma tissue section using ab64081 at 1/100 dlution.
Anti-Cytokeratin 5 antibody [SP27] - Carboxyterminal end (ab64081) at 1/100 dilution + A431 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 62 kDa
Observed band size : 53 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Cytokeratin 5 antibody [SP27] - Carboxyterminal end (ab64081)
ab64081 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.